M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
G

·
Thanks for blowing my cover. LOL.

Actually I don't think I will be the winner. Somthing will happen. This bike was on E-Bay several weeks ago and the winning bid was over $6,000 but it evidently was a shill bid or the deal fell thru. I don't plan on going too much higher. The salvage title makes it pretty much useless to someone who wants it for regular use. But we will see.

·
Registered
600 Posts
The rims look to be in good shape. If that's the case, you could use them (and the ones off of your M while the engine is being given a "rebuild" ;) ) get them chromed and start a chrome rim swap-out type thing. I know I'd do it to save the downtime and because I know who I'm dealing with here :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
721 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
This bike was on E-Bay several weeks ago and the winning bid was over $6,000 but it evidently was a shill bid or the deal fell thru.
I think this was the Geico auction mentioned in the current auction ad.. ??

G

·
Not really cause I think another shill bidder will pop up at the last minute and thats okay. The bike has a salvage title and isn't much good to anybody who wants to ride it.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I had wriiten to the seller to find out what happened to the prior "deal". He said the high bidder didn't come through with the cash.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I thought you could get the salvage title turned into a rebuilt title?In that case,it would be perfect for someone who just wants it for regular use,but not that good to resale.

G

·
chavez5428( 2 )  US $4,850.00 Sep-07-06 19:19:36 PDT

Mr Chavez  is now leading the bidding and I am glad as I don't think the bike is worth that much as it is and I am glad to get out of it now.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Isn't the rear rim like $1,200 bucks and the front $700.00 ...If I could pay 5-6K for it and 2-3k to fix including a paint job , I would do it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I know a few people that have bought salvage title bikes and get them switched to rebuilt titles.Looks and rides just the same,except for you normally can't get much for resale and bank won't lend you money for a salvage(I think).

G

·
EAGLEFAN67 said:
Isn't the rear rim like $1,200 bucks and the front $700.00 ...If I could pay 5-6K for it and 2-3k to fix including a paint job , I would do it.
The problem with some of these deals are that there are always issues that the guy doesn't list. When you ask about it they go into dumb mode and say that they never saw it and that they are a novice on this and couldn't possibly catch everything. If it was close by where I could go look then I would be a little stronger on my bids but I am not gonna bid high when its almost 1,000 miles away and then I also have to factor in the cost of picking it up.

I just bid on a car on E-bay but then I noticed that the heater hoses were in a small loop by the engine. Someone had obviously bypassed the heater core because it had a leak. I saw this in a 2 x 2 photograph on the computer. When I called the guy he played dumb and said that he hadn't noticed it. And this was a dealer that specialized in older cars. So what else did he forget to list?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Vetgasm said:
Yep and now there is a complete frond end and body parts for sale on Ebay.
Yep, I saw that. But what I want to know is why would that guy buy a new 109 just to cannibalize it and only use the engine for a custom bike and then try to sell the front and rear end? That just doesn't make any sense to me.

I mean, I think it would make more sense to just buy a 109 engine and then build the custom bike.

Each to their own, I suppose.

G

·
I can never find some of the stuff that you guys find on E-bay. Tell me the secret to finding it or at least post the link to this stuff.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts