M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered mine as well as the cycle house adapter plates. Does anyone have any tid bits of wisdom to installing the bones? Like stuff that isnt in the direction. Problems they ran into. Things that would make it easier?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I used a motorcycle jack 17mm and 19mm sockets and wrenches. The bolts are a bitch to loosen and thats the only hard part. If I was to do it again I would use a 8-10'' 1/2dr. extension and a breaker bar or long handle ratchet to take the work out of the project. also have something to put under the rear tire after the install to get the moto jack out from under the bike. A 2x4 works fine. I like to work on bikes and cars but usually start projects that are over my head and take longer than expected to complete. But there is nothing like doing something your self and admiring the finished product! :D

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
My bolts were a royal PITA to break loose. I think they had seized. Actually broke a thread on one of the nuts getting it off. Also, be careful when removing the long bolt from the linkage... If you just pull the bolt out with the right side bone, you will pull the sleeve and lose some needle bearings. Not much room to work. Have fun. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.