M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remembering my experience from my C50. I sent an e-mail to Mustang to see if I could find any info on future plans to support the M109r. Their response was to say the least dissapointing. They don't appear to plan to offer there seat at anytime at all. This is a little bit of a let down for me because most people i know regard Mustang as one of the best seats you can buy. Oh-well, at least the response I got from Corbin was a little more positive.

Mark,

Mustang will not be making any seats for the M109, sorry.
Thanks for your interest in Mustang.

Customer Service

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, May 08, 2006 2:30 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Mustang seat for a Suzuki VZ1800

Below is the result of your feedback form:
  It was submitted by: ([email protected])
  on Monday, May 8, 2006 at 23:29:36
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Mark Leiter

Questions: I am interested in knowing if a time line has been set for
Mustang to start selling some of their wonderful products for the Suzuki
Boulevard M109R (VZ1800).

Thank-you
Mark Leiter

Submit: Question Sent

·
Registered
817 Posts
Screw Mustang and their overpriced (but still pretty nice) crap.  :verymad:

And don't make the mistake of equating this seat with the C50 seat. It's not the same material at all.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yeah, I got that same response from then concerning a tank bib a few weeks back. :(

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
*crosses fingers for corbin*

·
Registered
117 Posts
Corbin is a big enough company, they would be crazy not to make a seat for our bikes. Their quality is hard to beat, so I don't mind "overpaying" for one.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes I think that Corbin will be making something for our bike. I e-mailed them about a week ago and their response was a lot more possitive. What peeved me most about what Mustang said is not that they aren't gonna make a seat for the 109, but rather the snobish way the replied to my e-mail. I can understand that maybe the market for 109 isn't there yet and they decided to wait a year for demand to develope. But why respond like even asking about their products is somehow an insult to Mustang?? I just don't get it. And a year or so when Mustang does start selling stuff for the 109 I won't be getting any of that either. All and all just a bad PR job by Mustang.

Anyway here is the e-mail I goit from Corbin. I asked about seats and the possiblity of getting the Beetle bags for the 109. Even though it dosen't look like they will make the beetle bag at least theywere polite about telling me.

Thank you very much for your interest in our products, we've been making
seats over 38 years and are the leading motorcycle seat manufacture in the
country.We are currently looking to borrow that bike so we can start making
some goodies.I'm positive that we are going to make seats im not sure about
the beetlebags.I will have to send a request to our R&D department.I will
save your e-mail address and let you know of any news that i hear .Thanx
sergio

At 09:38 AM 5/1/2006 -0400, you wrote:
>
>
>Hello. I am a proud new owner of the new Boulevard M109R from Suzuki. I am
>very anxious to learn of any up-coming plans Corbin may have to apply there
>fine products to this bike. Specifically I am interested in a comfortable
>seat with back rest. I will also be getting painted hard bags at some
>point. Could it be possible that you will be making your Beetle bags for
>the M109R at some point? It would be great if you could e-mail me a brief
>run down of the products that Corbin I'm sure will be providing to owners
>of M109Rs like me?
>
>Thank-you very much
>
>Mark Leiter
>3675 Derbyshire Road, #211
>Casselberry, Florida 32707
>E-mail: [email protected]
>
>Beware of VIRUS E-mail Attachments! x-236

Sergio Medeiros
Sales Representative
Corbin Saddles
800-223-4332 x16
[email protected]

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'll remember their response when I go to purchase products in the future. If they're afraid of being the first then I sure won't buy from then once it's a proven success. They just lost a past and future customer!

·
Registered
817 Posts
I agree that it's MUstang's right to sell or not sell a product as they see fit. But you're right -- the abrupt, condescending tone of their response is totally uncalled for.

I would love to email their CEO a link to this thread. I'm sure someone at that company must give a zhit. However, I can only find general contact addresses on their web site; not a specific one to the owners.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Wanted said:
I agree that it's MUstang's right to sell or not sell a product as they see fit. But you're right -- the abrupt, condescending tone of their response is totally uncalled for.

I would love to email their CEO a link to this thread. I'm sure someone at that company must give a zhit. However, I can only find general contact addresses on their web site; not a specific one to the owners.
With all the seats they sell to HD and others they may not care if they lose this market. ::)

G

·
I know the guys at Mustang pretty well. They are a production seat maker. Not like Corbin who makes a lot of custom seats.

Since the manufacturers of the bikes won't share production numbers its pretty hard for Mustang to commit up front to make a new seat. I am sure that they have a number that they use to determine the popularity of a new bike and then determine if they can produce the seat at a volume that will allow them to justify the decision. Yes, they are a business and they have to make sure they spend their R&D money in the right places. Once they start to see the volume of bikes on the road they will start analyzing the bike and make their decision.

The answer that was sent from them is the standard boiler plate that they send out on every new bike.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Thanks for the email,Corbin will produce seats,fairing and bags for this
bike.these items should be available in approx 1 to 2 months.please check
back at www.corbin.com for new product releases.

At 12:55 PM 5/8/2006 -0400, you wrote:
>Below is the result of your feedback form. It was submitted by
> ([email protected]) on Saturday, May 6, 2006 at 21:23:58
>---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>make: SUZUKI
>
>model: M109R
>
>year: -other-
>
>other_year: 2006
>
>displacement: 1783
>
>request1: Touring saddle
>
>request2: Trimtab wind screen
>
>request3: hard-shell bags
>
>comments: I noticed you have removed the M109R from your list of
>bikes requested as loaners for fitment. I'll be the first in line
>when the above accessories become available!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Mustang told me the same crap.Mfg are nut not to make items for this bike,this is huge,and I think it will bike of the year next year too.Mustang makes a costom seat for a 600 vlx,what a waste,the seat is more than the bike.

·
Registered
817 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
The answer that was sent from them is the standard boiler plate that they send out on every new bike.
Then they need to change their boilerplate, because is sounds sh*tty. I don't care if their seats are solid gold; there's no excuse to be rude to a customer just for asking a question.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wait until a really good seat is available yes the ULTIMATE it is the most comfortable seat as they are I am having mine made next month

·
Registered
231 Posts
*UPDATE*

(same crappy response today) :realmad:

Mustang will not be making any seats or accessories for the M109, sorry.
Thanks for choosing Mustang.

·
Registered
50 Posts
J R said:
They may not make any now ::) But let the bike catch on real big and in a few years ck back and youll see they may have changed there minds :D Its all about making money :bigthumbsup: They arent selling any now cause nobody knows if the bike will catch on or be a flop.It is not your standard cruiser and it may take some a while to realize how great of bike it really is.But it aint your daddys harley and wont ever be.It where cruzers are going not where they been forever....
+ 1 :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts