M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, this turns out to be much easier than originally thought :hot: We are going to disconnect the controller wire for the S.E.T from the ecu. This is a similar setup to what is used on the 05+ GSXR 1000 bikes.

After removing the allen and the push pin, gently push the body panel forward to release the front from the front slide clip, now pull out on the body panel there are two anchors mounted in rubber toward the rear of this panel, they will pop out by simply applying outward pressure. At this point swing the body panel around the rear footpeg and allow to hang from the seat release cable.

After releasing these bolts the computer and it's mounting cage will be free. Pull these componets out of the bike.

I pushed the pic into the pin hole as far as i could and the lock released for me.

Thats it!

·
Registered
443 Posts
nherbst454 said:
Out of curiousity, why not just clip this wire off?Â
Yeah, what he said!

·
Registered
31 Posts
:eek: I have a Fi -2000 and cobra pipes, seems like bike lost some power after I put this stuff on, If I disable the FI light will this help me. by the way where should I pu t he settings. Thanks

·
Registered
158 Posts
midnight hour said:
:eek: I have a Fi -2000 and cobra pipes, seems like bike lost some power after I put this stuff on, If I disable the FI light will this help me. by the way where should I pu t he settings. Thanks
Also check inside the set valve actuator cam assembly, this is the only place you will find plastic gears on this bike, my gears got stripped do to wrench error, so the set valve actuator looked good everything was in place but when you popped that box open I was missing 3 teeth, I had to bypass the testing of this part to get that FI light off. Also note that if you don't have the power command you can always go in and have them re-map your fi-2000 for the pipes, power commanders nice because you can just plug the usb cable in and away you go :bigthumbsup:

Good luck :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
8) I just bought the power commander, going to sell my cobra fi2000 for hundred bucks, should I take my bike in to suzuki to have them put it on and tuned or do it myself. :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
buy doing thid with the brown and black wire does it also disable the speedo odo reading flashing to f1 and back to speedo reading

1 - 14 of 14 Posts