M109 Rider Forums banner
21 - 40 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
:agree: not just in the short term but long term.
Quote from highway:
I had a set of those on a Busa with 200 plus horses for 10,000 miles and about 100 plus 1/4 mile passes and not one problem... Good Find..

that says alot about the quality to me.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
seems like I posted this last winter and was told the grade of stainless was inferior to the gafer, My only concern at the time was weight differance in stopping Busa with one ridder vers/ m109 with almost always 2 riders. was also told by both local bike shops that warpage was a factor, so now Im confused??????

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Mine just arrived in the mail and they are excellent in quality and workmanship.

While I am un-able to personally attest at this time to long term quality I am still happy with the money spent for the look and feel of them and will post follow up on them as I put mileage on them but from what I have been able to find out about them has been overwhelmingly positive.

Now just to get them to produce one that works on the rear of our 9's!

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
For those that want to purchase these rotors from a US Based company
http://www.madhornets.com/front-bra...600-06-07-gsxr750-06-07-gsxr1000-05-07-m109r/

These rotors are the same as what I ordered via Ebay and they are manufactured by Arashi who has been in business under that name for over 10 years and makes rotors for many makes and models

With the additional research I have done I am even more pleased with my purchase! (One owner had his father who works as a metal & welding inspector) check them out and he said
My father works in a company that performs tests to weldings and metal fatigue in big structures (bridges, railways...) here in Portugal and Spain.
I ordered one of this Chinese rotors and gave it to him for him to test.
I posted the results on the Portuguese Hayabusa Forum.

it is written in Portuguese but I'll can sum it up by saying that the "Arashi" rotor passed every single test. After heating, cooling, twisting, pressing and chemical abuse all came out fine.
One test that is particularly interesting is rotating the rotor in a machine that reads changes in a magnetic field crossed by the rotor thus enabling to "see" into the rotor to check the uniformity of the metal alloy.
By the way, the metal the rotor is made of it's called Martensitic Steel (AISI 420), just like the Galfers, Braking Sk, EBC, etc. .
I've surfed the web and found everything: warped Arashi rotors, warped OEM rotors, warped Galfers, cracked Brembos, you name it. I guess these Arashi rotors are as good (or as bad...) as the others.

On a final note, I just wanted to say that you rarely get "what you pay for". Life does not work like that at all. Sure, the rule of thumb is that the more expensive something is, the better.
But for this type of simple, mass produced items, the final price little has to do with production costs. It has more to do with desire of ownership and pose value. It doesn't matter if a rotor- any brand -costs $1 do make if people are willing to pay $1000 for it.
I'm sure that if I erased the Galfer letters from a rotor set and engraved Chinese rotors with the Brembo logo and gave them to some one in this forum do drive-test them in his bike he would rave about the "Brembos" and trash the "Chinese".

Sorry for the rough English.
btw Martensitic Steel (AISI 420) is also known as Stainless Steel

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Mine will be mounted tomorrow since the bike will be in the garage as we are getting snow storm starting tonight here in my area. The wind has already picked up and the temp is starting to fall.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Here you go Weems ....Yeah I got bored and 35 minutes after I started I have installed pictures for you :doorag:

One thing to note for those who will be installing Wave Rotors (doesn't matter from which manufacture) When possible you should install them "out of sync" ie: a High point on one side and a low point on the other as this will help lessen the feel of pulsation as you come to a stop. On the Arashi's the wave cut alternates from a V cut to a U cut so when looking straight across one side is on a V and the other is on a U if that makes sense.

Enjoy :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Here you go Weems ....Yeah I got bored and 35 minutes after I started I have installed pictures for you :doorag:

One thing to note for those who will be installing Wave Rotors (doesn't matter from which manufacture) When possible you should install them "out of sync" ie: a High point on one side and a low point on the other as this will help lessen the feel of pulsation as you come to a stop. On the Arashi's the wave cut alternates from a V cut to a U cut so when looking straight across one side is on a V and the other is on a U if that makes sense.

Enjoy :bigthumbsup:
Thanks Bro Those look great, mine are ordered....

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Hey Snow man could ya ride that thing right away before it snows. We hate to wait till next week for the results. Besides you want to know how they work cold don'tcha.
Bob

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Ohh I did and while the new pads (EBC HH's) are not bedded in yet it does stop as good as if not better than it did with the OEM rotors & pads...I will only expect it to get even better once they are broken in!

Edit - add pic of the new snow starting to come down

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Mntsnow, that was a great piece of info you found on the rotors. When I first got mine, you could tell the quality and craftsmanship was excellent.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Sorry but I am guessing they are not the same as the C109 uses a OEM part number#59210-08F20 for the front rotor.

and the M109 uses a OEM #59210-41G10 for the front rotor so you can see they are different part numbers.

But both bikes use the same part number for the rotor bolts (09106-08160) so if they were the same disks they would show the same part number..

BUT the rotors may be the same in size and bolt hole placement etc but the design of the rotors could be different thus the reason they have different part numbers......I guess the only way to really know for sure would be to get a C109 and M109 Rotor side by side and do a direct comparison of them just like was done with the rotors that we are using as the GSXR (41G30) and M109(41G10) show slightly different OEM part numbers but the numbers after the letter usually only denote a running version change thus the GSXR is showing a newer version of the same rotor.

Example
54111-33E10-12R

54111-33E = part number portion to pay attention to. If this portion of the number matches then the parts are interchangeable.

(54111-33E)10 = 10 is the revision as long as the former matches your still good.

(54111-33E10)-12R = the paint code and if the last 3 digits don't exist the part is unpainted

·
Registered
170 Posts
That is a cool find.

I spoke with a rep from Galfer and he told me to do some measurements since there are certain rotors that fit multiple bikes as mentioned earlier. He seemed to have stock for the 109s but for the M90..... well that's another story. Now I need to find what will mate up with my bike. Still is neat to know there may still be an option out there.

21 - 40 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.