M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i cant believe these guys at dlp i placed a order with them and they took money straight out of my account before they even sent a shipping cost took me a week to get through to them after being cut off when i did get through on the phone then i get a email for postage only $160 more than first quoted at checkout which they would have taken from my account without my consent like they did with my other orders i did through them so i finally got them on the phone and cancelled the order and asked when i would be refunded the money and was told 3-5 days still no refund yet these guys have very poor service :edit:

·
Registered
927 Posts
i cant believe these guys at dlp i placed a order with them and they took money straight out of my account before they even sent a shipping cost took me a week to get through to them after being cut off when i did get through on the phone then i get a email for postage only $160 more than first quoted at checkout which they would have taken from my account without my consent like they did with my other orders i did through them so i finally got them on the phone and cancelled the order and asked when i would be refunded the money and was told 3-5 days still no refund yet these guys have very poor service :edit:
Do a quick search.....and your eyes will be opened.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I just got a down brake under bracket and the ss line was not drilled through.

I called and he checked in back and he had another on the shelf.
He checked it and it was good he could blow through it.
so he is sending it over night.

And....with a call tag on the return part

I got some good service today !!!

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
I think the biggest issue that we all are forgetting about is how effn big they are. Have you been to their home page lately? You see how many bikes they have parts for? They are not just stocking parts for us; they have parts for over 40 bikes. That means they have a bunch of employees on hand. Anyone run a company lately? Anyone have to hire employees lately? I bet the guys pulling the product off the shelf are either kids, or flunkies. It is just a job, and they could give a crap about you and your bike. And there is not much Hal can do about that. Yea, fire them. And hire new ones, and retrain them, then fire them, then hire new ones, then….This gets very expensive. It is just like Wal-Mart. You pay them low wages, and you sell your good for cheap, or match others prices, and you deal with the issues the best you can. Or you take the Land Rover approach. You hire top notch people with great wages and they do an outstanding job for you, but you have to charge an arm and a leg for your goods.
JMO

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,137 Posts
you got good service after you had to call them on something that was wrong with your original order. and that is common problem that they should be checking....
That sounds more like a problem with the part, not the order. I wouldn't expect them to blow through every hose that they send out to see if it's good, but I do expect them to get the order right. Sounds like they did that and had no problems replacing a defective part.

Just sayin.

·
Radio Active Member
27,699 Posts
I think it has always been this way for the Australia guys. I'm sure that other Australia members will chime in. If they pulled your funds right away, to me that meant they had everything in stock. At least that used to be there policy. Maybe they need to update there shipping calculator? Shipping is not cheap to ship down there.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think it has always been this way for the Australia guys. I'm sure that other Australia members will chime in. If they pulled your funds right away, to me that meant they had everything in stock. At least that used to be there policy. Maybe they need to update there shipping calculator? Shipping is not cheap to ship down there.
ok if they pulled the money straight away why the hell did it take countless mad emails to them and phone calls to numbers that dont work over a week and it wasnt until i saw a thread with chris the owners sons email in it that i sent a email to his address that someone emailed with a updated shipping price they should not be bloody taking extra money out for postage without telling you i am in the process of getting that extra money they took from my bank account without asking :cus:

G

·
kinda confused here....how did they "take money out of your account" if you didn't place an order? If you placed an order...well, they are going to "take money out of your account"

I'm still shocked people buy from them after all the bad press on here.... I know my $$ will never go there :dontknow::dontknow:

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
kinda confused here....how did they "take money out of your account" if you didn't place an order? If you placed an order...well, they are going to "take money out of your account"

I'm still shocked people buy from them after all the bad press on here.... I know my $$ will never go there :dontknow::dontknow:
you have to place a order to get the shipping price because they dont answer the emails you send to them to get shipping costs
and when you checkout it states on their website that they dont take any money until the item has been posted and if it is going to cost more they will email you so work that one out
this is the third thing i had ordered from them and i only found out after i had ordered this lot that i got a statement showing that extra money was ripped from my bank account
why be shocked there is not many threads on the site where it tells you about the bad customer service unless you actually do a search
you know they support the site and you think oh these guys must be good i hadnt seen any bad report about them until i did a search

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
can we just agree this is the best they will ever be.as long as they have new customers to piss off with their poor service life is good for them.this is so old you would think they would make an effort to up their service.it like a mudslide str8 down hill...

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Been good to me

I hate to say this but I have ordered at least 4 to 5 times from DLP. I have never had an issue with them: Nothing on backorder, no wrong or bad parts. I have even ordered during the holiday sales and used DLP gift cards that I got for Christmas.

Now one thing I do before I order stuff is call them to see if it is in stock.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
That sounds more like a problem with the part, not the order. I wouldn't expect them to blow through every hose that they send out to see if it's good, but I do expect them to get the order right. Sounds like they did that and had no problems replacing a defective part.

Just sayin.
i knew that i was going to get quoted on this one,...it is a common problem with the down under kit and the braided lines; so why not take a quick peek at them??? i know its a little extra work but it might be worth it....

and the defective part hasnt reached the customer yet....

G

·
I just got a down brake under bracket and the ss line was not drilled through.

I called and he checked in back and he had another on the shelf.
He checked it and it was good he could blow through it.
so he is sending it over night.

And....with a call tag on the return part

I got some good service today !!!
Same thing with my down under kit!!! You might have got the one I sent back:eek:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Bottom line......... if you are there to give a service , then you need to grow with your product line and customer base if you are not growing along with either then you are going to give , Poor Quality control , Poor customer service , and Poor customer feed back.......................:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.