M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just changed my oil..... Went with a little advise from all of you fine C riders on this site about the amount of oil to put back in. Can anyone tell
me where on the DIP STICK is the right amount. I am about 1/4 up the
measure mark. I don't want purking again. I put in a little more then 3-1/2
quarts, and its where is was after my dealer did at the 600 mile service. :dontknow: Does anyone know what the reading on the DIP STICK is from bottom to top? Is it a Quart / pint or Liter / Milliliter?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
to bring it from the lower crosshatch to the upper part is only about a pint. :bigthumbsup:

When I change oil. I make sure that I pull both plugs and have it on the side stand. Even rock the bike back and forth.
Then I dump in 3 quarts and run it abit and then dump in the whole 4th quart.
Never had it puke any oil yet.
Got 39,500 miles on it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm the same, never had a puke problem.
Just rolled over 42,500mi

You're catching up there Grandpa!
Hoping to end the year here on the plus side of 70,000km and set up to have the bike roll 100,000km by the end of 2011!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I'm the same, never had a puke problem.
Just rolled over 42,500mi

You're catching up there Grandpa!
Hoping to end the year here on the plus side of 70,000km and set up to have the bike roll 100,000km by the end of 2011!
Hey Don, I'm hoping to get over the 40,000 mile before the snow flies.
Still looking for a good weekend that I am free yet. The next couple are pretty busy yet.:bigthumbsup:

Now that I got my passport I may have to get out and see ya next summer!

·
Registered
96 Posts
We were down in northern Montana twice in the last two months.
Man that Going to the Sun Road in Glacier Park is something to see. 50 slow miles, but one of the most scenic roads I've ever ridden.

I'll hit the 70 k mark this weekend as we're doing an overnight run through the mountains that should be close to 1000km.

Seems I may have to set my target higher for the end of 2010!
We got screwed this year with some awful weather March through June and then again the last two weeks of Sept.

So far only 22,000km this year which is quite a bit less than last!

Look forward to seeing you up here

1 - 6 of 6 Posts