M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally left the world of Honda and bought my first Suzuki bike.  Of course it's the M109 and I love it.  Here's my question.  I picked up my bike last Friday.  On Monday, I washed and waxed the bike and noticed a small ding on the top left side of my gas tank.  I called the service supervisor and asked would they fix it.  They declined.  Said it was my problem. One of the service guys in the back told me that it probably happened during assembly at the dealership.  Just before the clutch assembly was fastened, it must have slammed into the tank as the handlebars turned left.  Now I know I didn't dint this tank.  From what I've been told since Monday, it's pretty hard to dint a motorcycle gas tank anyway.  The estimate I got today to fix the ding is $100.  Is this something I will have to suck up and pay or are there other avenues?  ie: owner of the dealership or Suzuki.  Any thoughts?

·
Registered
572 Posts
I would go back and talk to the owner about this, as it seems that this is a dent that obviously could not be caused by normal driving... and simply ask them to fix their mistake...

Don't bother with salesmen, go straight to the boss...

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Mine had a ding from shipping and they replaced it with a brand new one! However they noticed it before I took delivery so that might be a challenge for you. :redfaced: Good luck!

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Is a dint a cross between a dent and a ding? :joke:

That sucks man, you shoulda looked the bike over more closely before you drove it off the lot. My Vulcan 2000 had a ding in the front fender that I pointed out before I took it home. They said they got it that way from Kawasaki and ordered me a new fender. I got it 2 weeks later. Once you leave the lot with a new vehicle it's hard to prove any damage you later find wasn't caused by you after you left the dealership. Good luck, I hope they change their mind and fix it for you.

G

·
That sucks. being between a rock and a hard spot is not enjoyable. Like stated above, speak with the owner and politely explain your situation to him. When you purchase a new vehicle you expect it to clean of dings and other problems. If the dealer won't work with you, go to one of those places the romove ding with suction cups. They may be able to help you.

Luck,

Reed

·
Registered
849 Posts
It may be hard to prove cause after you leave the dealer, but a good dealer doesn't assume the customer is always wrong. They should suck it up and replace the tank.
Talk to the manager first, if that doesn't do it, ask for the owner, if you've still got your problem, ask the shop for the Suzuki customer service rep's number. Try to be nice, and expect the same in return. I think they'll come around.
Jer

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GREAT NEWS...SPOKE WITH THE OWNER TODAY AND THEY HAVE AGREED TO FIX THE TANK AT THEIR EXPENSE. THEY WILL EITHER REPAINT THE TANK AFTER THE REPAIR OR REPLACE IT ALL TOGETHER. I'M RELIEVED. THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS. THEY WORKED.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts