M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any major difference between the 06-09 other than slight cosmetics?

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I have to say pricing for sure; Plus in 08 they came out with this very limited Gray/Pewter color that is to die for--it is also the fastest:D.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Off the top of my head...

Different part #'s on (06-07) than (08-09) for:
Shift forks
Swingarm
Rear Rotor
Few minor changes on the exhaust for these years too.

Different design on the clutch lever. (2009)

A few cosmetic changes, from metal to plastic.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I have to say pricing for sure; Plus in 08 they came out with this very limited Gray/Pewter color that is to die for--it is also the fastest:D.
You guys on your grays LOL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:joke:

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
Off the top of my head...

Different part #'s on (06-07) than (08-09) for:
Shift forks
Swingarm
Rear Rotor
Few minor changes on the exhaust for these years too.

Different design on the clutch lever. (2009)

A few cosmetic changes, from metal to plastic.
07 1/2 - 09:
A fuel rail that doesn't leak

09+
Improved Idle Speed Control (ISC) Valve

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
whats the difference in performance. from what ive been looking at the hp rating is 127, is this only for 06-07?

As far as any major mech issues are these issues that can be easily fixed or that wont cost me an arm and a leg at the stealership? Im pretty handy when it comes to cars, as far as bikes go only thing ive done was change my own oil.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Silver is a bit faster

The Silver is a bit faster due to the less pigment in the paint, as compared to the Grey. Other than that the Grey is an okay bike. :D

·
Registered
508 Posts
What's the difference in the swingarm other than the part number ?

·
Registered
709 Posts
whats the difference in performance. from what ive been looking at the hp rating is 127, is this only for 06-07?

As far as any major mech issues are these issues that can be easily fixed or that wont cost me an arm and a leg at the stealership? Im pretty handy when it comes to cars, as far as bikes go only thing ive done was change my own oil.
I wouldn't hang my hat on that 127 HP number:-[. That is a mystical HP rating derived in a lab under optimal controlled conditions. Oh yeah, and it's not RWHP, it's engine HP. Two very different beasts. You could get 127 RWHP with a few thousand in mods. Still, it's a [email protected] torquey powerbeast out of the crate, I love mine!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
800 Posts
while you siver and grays are fighting,:doh: the blacks just pasted you by!:D
While everbody want to rave about there fastest color and who has the biggest "shifter" Us pearls look good around those ladys necks, So you got to stop for them to get on and handle all that meat.... :p

·
Registered
450 Posts
Rocket Launchers

Dang ,,,,, the rocket launchers were stock on the 09? If I'd known, I woulda ordered one of those !!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts