M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a 2006, with 17,000 miles on it, tomorrow. Did Suzuki made any upgrades, or changes as the bike has progressed? Difference in fuel injection, later years changed for the better, that type of stuff?

The 2006 is silver, with Sideburner, aftermarket air setup (which one I don't know. Looks like K&N filter on a flat plate.), programmer, 3" bar extension, vertical tag mount, throttle lock, Kury grips, and bags. Thats about all I know. Asking $7,000.00. Sound reasonable?

Maybe I can put a black stripe on it, to make it go faster ?? ha ha.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
The bikes are mostly the same with minor changes not noticeable to the eye other then color.LOL on the stripe.

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
Very few minor changes. If you do a search you will find a couple of thread on it. Here is one of them, CLICK HERE.

:welcome: to the forum and good luck.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,084 Posts
:welcome: to the forum.

If the bike was well maintained and not abused too much, that's considered a low mileage bike. Good luck with it and post pics when you get it.

·
Registered
445 Posts
If thats considered low milage, what about my 2006 LE that has only 4000 miles on it?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
5660 trade in and 8185 retail value according to Kelly Blue Book so 7K is reasonable in my opinion.

I have 33,500+ on my 06 so 17K is not much. Mine still runs as well at it did when it was new.

Doc

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
If you cannot ride it, don't buy it. I say that just because of the second gear problem. If the original owner did not take care to shift correctly, second gear is probably toast. What you need to do is shift into second early and peg it in second. If it stays in second, does not jump out of gear, your okay.

On the same vein, if under heavy acceleration it feels like its going to shake you off the bike, its got the "shudders". Another thing to stay away from.

Check clutch feeeplay, needs to be considerable. I like mine to be around 3/4" inch at lever end so that there is still freeplay under acceleration. This bike will have freeplay at idle, but under acceleration it goes away, so have enough to prevent that.

Also grab and try to wiggle the rear brake rotor. If it moves at all its considered no good. A friend of mine has been riding his with a wobbly rotor for two years now, but I personally would not.

Is this the filter set-up you are refering to?

Sum up, I would never buy a used bike I could not ride first.:bigthumbsup:

Side Burner is going to burn your ear drums.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I heard the original 2006 models (especially the black turbo models) are way faster than the 07-10 models, I think they're right!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I don't know if I agree with the no ride/no buy statement. I am NOT allowing any "test pilots" if the time ever comes to sell my bike. I think we all know exactly what's going to happen the moment he turns the corner, and is out of sight and I refuse to allow that to happen.

These bikes are, for the most part, very well maintained, and the owner is, for the most part, an older guy. Look around when you go to see it....eg- is the house a mess, or is it neatly maintained? Is the rider a teenager, or a mature adult? Is the bike spotless, and without damage? Does he have any maintenance records or does he do the work himself?

All these things will give you a "feel" for the real condition of the bike, and can greatly contribute to a buy/ no buy decision. Bottom line is: If it feels like something is not right with the buyer or the bike, then WALK AWAY! Trust your gut feeling.

My 2 cents.......

If you cannot ride it, don't buy it. I say that just because of the second gear problem. If the original owner did not take care to shift correctly, second gear is probably toast. What you need to do is shift into second early and peg it in second. If it stays in second, does not jump out of gear, your okay.

On the same vein, if under heavy acceleration it feels like its going to shake you off the bike, its got the "shudders". Another thing to stay away from.

Check clutch feeeplay, needs to be considerable. I like mine to be around 3/4" inch at lever end so that there is still freeplay under acceleration. This bike will have freeplay at idle, but under acceleration it goes away, so have enough to prevent that.

Also grab and try to wiggle the rear brake rotor. If it moves at all its considered no good. A friend of mine has been riding his with a wobbly rotor for two years now, but I personally would not.

Is this the filter set-up you are refering to?

Sum up, I would never buy a used bike I could not ride first.:bigthumbsup:

Side Burner is going to burn your ear drums.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I noticed that you were looking at a Silver 2006 model. They stopped making that color because it was really dangerous. The Silver model is way to fast and overpowered for the "normal" human to ride. They haven't recalled the Silver model yet but it is in the works. I am keeping my Silver bike since they are not making them anymore. If you buy this bike make sure you respect the overpowering of the Silver model (the fastest and quickest M109R). :joke:

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have a hard time deciding what to drive. Its either the everyday 2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer, 07 M109r LE, or 1967 Mustang 630HP restomod. Then on the weekends I spend alot of time out on my dads and mine 24 foot Grady White fishing. I cant do it all at the same time.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I noticed that you were looking at a Silver 2006 model. They stopped making that color because it was really dangerous. The Silver model is way to fast and overpowered for the "normal" human to ride. They haven't recalled the Silver model yet but it is in the works. I am keeping my Silver bike since they are not making them anymore. If you buy this bike make sure you respect the overpowering of the Silver model (the fastest and quickest M109R). :joke:
You now They were talking about doing the same with my Black '06. They said when it came down to the raw power and torque, it was the beasts of all beasts. The beast master i should say. And once one of them ran from a cop who was driving one of dem Camaros, they said shut dwn the factory and recall all black 06 m109s cause we don't stand a chance. It was in USA Today i believe. or was it the nat'l enquire. whatever the case, once u go black, you will never go back:bow::bow::bow:Black, 2006 Boulevard M109r:bow::bow::bow:

·
Registered
769 Posts
You now They were talking about doing the same with my Black '06. They said when it came down to the raw power and torque, it was the beasts of all beasts. The beast master i should say. And once one of them ran from a cop who was driving one of dem Camaros, they said shut dwn the factory and recall all black 06 m109s cause we don't stand a chance. It was in USA Today i believe. or was it the nat'l enquire. whatever the case, once u go black, you will never go back:bow::bow::bow:Black, 2006 Boulevard M109r:bow::bow::bow:
:agree::agree:. Same with the Black 2007 models...Lets hope they dont recall them...

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I have a hard time deciding what to drive. Its either the everyday 2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer, 07 M109r LE, or 1967 Mustang 630HP restomod. Then on the weekends I spend alot of time out on my dads and mine 24 foot Grady White fishing. I cant do it all at the same time.
Sounds like you got to many to many toys!!!!!:doh:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts