M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this has been posted already (couldn't find anything in the search) - but does somebody know of a link or perhaps what the differences are between the 2006 and 2007 models?

Over and above the great looking red of course 8)

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
New Features
New cylinder head cover, secondary cover and drive unit cover (not the driveshaft cover) now feature chromed metal contruction for a high quality finish............... ::)

Colors: White and Red instead of Burple and Silver

Oh yea, add $200 and 9lbs to the list ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bonehead,

this all seems like cosmetic changes, do you perhaps know if they changed anything ont the motor or the rest of the vitals?

I.e. would I be better off getting a 06 or a 07, irrespective of price?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Speaks of a good bike then, if they dont need to make changes after the first model already...

Now just to get my hands on one - no real stock available here in South Africa. The dealers had an initial shipment which was really too small, now I have to wait for the next batch coming in :(

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
alwyn said:
Thanks Bonehead,

this all seems like cosmetic changes, do you perhaps know if they changed anything ont the motor or the rest of the vitals?

I.e. would I be better off getting a 06 or a 07, irrespective of price?
Only cosmetic changes (metal covers replacing plastic ones) nothing else was changed except colors.

Price wise , yes an 06 is going to be cheaper. Not only was the MSRP $200 less, but the dealers will want to deal on the 06s to make room for 07 models coming in :bigthumbsup: ..................... If you can find an 06 around your area that is ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
with us the price difference is much greater between the 06 and 07, around $1400 actually (Rand Dollar fluctuation being the excuse) - so it makes a big difference if I could get my hands on a 06...

IF i could that is...

·
Registered
456 Posts
I wonder if I could remove the plastic covers on my '06 and replace them with the metal cover for a '07?

G

·
Bonehead said:
New Features
New cylinder head cover, secondary cover and drive unit cover (not the driveshaft cover) now feature chromed metal contruction for a high quality finish............... ::)

Colors:Â White and Red instead of Burple and Silver

Oh yea, add $200 and 9lbs to the list ;)
I think I'll lose 9lbs by switching to lite beer for a few weeks and add 9 lbs. to my bike by buying those chrome metal covers. The plastic cylinder covers kind of look cheesy on the '06.

·
Registered
287 Posts
x_caliber50 said:
I wonder if I could remove the plastic covers on my '06 and replace them with the metal cover for a '07?
I was thinking the same thing. I bet the dealer will sell them for the low low price of your first born son and some change. :joke: Â

Just like every other part they sell.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Hardly Davidson said:
I think I'll lose 9lbs by switching to lite beer for a few weeks and add 9 lbs. to my bike by buying those chrome metal covers. The plastic cylinder covers kind of look cheesy on the '06.
Yep, I'm gonna get them for mine too :bigthumbsup: ....................... at my weight, 9lbs is not gonna mean much :redfaced: . I'll just have to twist the grip a little harder :evil:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
PLUS
They completely redesigned the ENTIRE clutch because its horrible design was causing rampant clutch failures when they were rode hard and put away wet repeatedly

I will be trading/selling mine for a HUGE loss to avoid future problems and buying an 07 at list + $2500.00

Why oh why didn't I buy a Harley to avoid all these problems!!!

Now let the second half of the clutch games begin!!

Do I really need this --------> :joke:

Sledzep

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
sledzep01 said:
PLUS
They completely redesigned the ENTIRE clutch because its horrible design was causing rampant clutch failures when they were rode hard and put away wet repeatedly

I will be trading/selling mine for a HUGE loss to avoid future problems and buying an 07 at list + $2500.00

Why oh why didn't I buy a Harley to avoid all these problems!!!

Now let the second half of the clutch games begin!!

Do I really need this -------->Â :joke:

Sledzep
Thanks for the iced tea on my screen :bigthumbsup: :p

thats just too funny :a20:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts