M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's the deal. The guy I'm dealing with at Corbin informed me IN WRITING that my original request isn't possible for them to do. So they took my order, and my money for something they've now admitted they can't make. I'm not sure but is that not the textbook definition of fraud? They then substituted a design that doesn't fit my bike securely and is the opposite of what I asked. Second, he said the type of leather I requested for the sides (Shark) isn't good, and I should've been informed of that at the time of purchase (I was not) (and why the hell would you offer it, if you then have to warn your customers its no good?). Finally, he told me they have no control over the leather quality. What the hell? Am I taking crazy pills? IF its poor quality leather: don't pass it on to your customers! I mean, I don't work there so I don't control the leather...and if they DO work there and they don't control the leather, then who is controlling the leather? North effing Korea? Osama effing bin Laden?
So I have a seat/paperweight not designed the way I want, in leather they say is very poor, that physically damages my bike. Their solution: can we recover the sides at your expense? PHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUU COOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRBBBBBIIIIIINNNNNNNNNN!
I am aware that there are very happy Corbin Customers on this site, But if you choose to go with a Corbin product, there is a chance that this is what you will experience. If you are willing to take it in the a$$ (get it: it's a seat, and you take it in the a$$) over a $700 (+ $100 canadian duty) seat, good luck. But remember this cautionary tale. Stay tuned.

And yes, Screamingyellowzonker is being very helpful, and I appreciate everything he is doing, and I am much more polite in my dealings with Corbin. This is my venting: what I would actually LIKE to say to them!

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Sorry, I feel this must be posted again.

<Clears throat>
Dear Corbin,

Hello. I just wanted to tell you that I am extremely impressed with your cunning marketing skills. I too am on the verge of making my million. Like you, I have taken advantage of most of the hard working, motorcycle enthusiasts, by selling the a sub-standard product, at premium prices! Right now we're in the developmental stages of a new product. (We, like yourselves, have completely cut the research process.) This product will massage the riders butt, while he/she is riding (It's much easier to fark them in the arse, if they're relaxed, metaphorically speaking of course.). We will do this by putting inline spark arrestor, on 1 spark plug wire! We're going to call it "Korben's Super Sodom-izing Electro Caresser". It will retail for $549.99. Some will work, some won't. We do that purposely, because even negative publicity, is still publicity! We have a guarantee alot like yours. Give the run-a-round, until they get so pissed off, they just give up. If they don't give up, we'll just say that the seats went through our "Quality Control" and would not have left in that condition. Subsequently, blaming "Joe the Rider" for attempting to customise! I may not be in business forever, but that's ok... I made my money. Right? Haha. Well, anyway, just wanted to say thanks! You are leading the way in selling pleather-coated chit!

Yours truly,

Peter Gosinyabut

Time to get a full refund! Tell them they can have their seats back!

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Man....that's bull! IMHO, Corbin stuff is waaay overpriced and it sounds as if quality control and customer service are hit or miss.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Your expense? That is the biggest load of BS I think I have ever heard. I hope SYZ can work something out with Corbin on your behalf, because I guess Corbin dosen't give 2 *****s about the average customer. You can keep your product corbin, from now on nothing but negative comments will leave my mouth when I speak about your POS company.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seriously, I KNOW that there must be someone in upper management at Corbin who would see how ridiculous this is and do the right thing. I DON"T want to have to invoke the fraud protection on my credit card (despite the fact that they've admitted in writing that they took my money for something they can't make). I just can't seem to crack through the bureaucracy to find that person. Zonker has been dealing with good people there, I just need to get this case put in their hands.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Seriously, I KNOW that there must be someone in upper management at Corbin who would see how ridiculous this is and do the right thing. I DON"T want to have to invoke the fraud protection on my credit card (despite the fact that they've admitted in writing that they took my money for something they can't make). I just can't seem to crack through the bureaucracy to find that person. Zonker has been dealing with good people there, I just need to get this case put in their hands.
Bear may ask HOW you paid CORBIN ??? ( MO/CC/CASH) and how long ago was it?
I believe a CC...:dontknow:

·
Registered
666 Posts
ok i see you paid with a cc..
I would not even wait 1 more sec use your fraud protection ...trust me you will get a ph call from corbin faster then you think

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, a credit card. From what I've told them so far it seems like a slam dunk if/when I need to go that route... and I will if pushed, but I can't believe that it will come to that. They've already put in writing everything needed for this to go through. But like I said, I'm sure there is some upper manager at Corbin that would freak out if he knew this was going on at the customer service levels. Or maybe I'm too nice (the curse of being Canadian).

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
You are being to nice IMO. I would file the fraud alert ASAP, that way either you get your money or Corbin fixes it. Its just to bad that the people that you have dealt with at Corbin were not taking care of the problem. The sooner the better, hopefully you will get your money back and then you can pocket a big chunk of it and go through Baldylatino, you won't regret that transaction.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Cracker...er...I mean JD. Hahahahahaha. And yes, Baldy will be getting a PM from me the second this gets worked out. As for now i can't bear to look at his responses, what with all those gorgeous, well fitting, unphucked seats in his signature.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
QUOTE: I think i need to go to the woods and punch-dance this whole situation out Hot Rod style.

Then chug a bottle of maple syrup and summerize your snowblower and snowmobile.

·
Registered
483 Posts
You are being to nice IMO. I would file the fraud alert ASAP, that way either you get your money or Corbin fixes it. Its just to bad that the people that you have dealt with at Corbin were not taking care of the problem. The sooner the better, hopefully you will get your money back and then you can pocket a big chunk of it and go through Baldylatino, you won't regret that transaction.
:agree:

·
Registered
381 Posts
I ordered a back seat and oval backrest for my bike from corbin... waited 4 weeks for delivery... had to re-adjust the mounting brackets so they would line up.... re-stretch the leather on the opening for the backrest so it would actually fit in the hole... and to be honest... i am not real happy with the poor quality stitching. On the bright side.. i only put it on when my kids want to go for rides.

Now.. i just recently sent my front seat to baldylatino... i got it back almost 1 full week earlier then he had originally told me... the quality of the leather is amazing... the quality of craftsmanship is amazing and the comfort level is amazing.

Lesson learned? I vote yes... hopefully before to long my new corbin rear seat and back rest will be going to baldy for a upgrade.

Thanks again Ric... i took it to americade yesterday and got alot of looks and alot of compliments on it.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
QUOTE: I think i need to go to the woods and punch-dance this whole situation out Hot Rod style.

Then chug a bottle of maple syrup and summerize your snowblower and snowmobile.
Chit! You just made me spit drink all over my office computer!:clap2:

Truly sorry this has happened with Corbin. Up till the last two people on the forum, I have never heard anything but rave reviews about them.;)

Another one bites the dust....:'(

1 - 20 of 41 Posts