M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just read a post by our new friend seapup, and he stated in his post that he didnt test drive the 109 before buying it. And I suddenly realized that I didnt either!! I was so facinated by this machine that I NEVER thought of test driving it!! I feel sorta stupid now! LOL!! All I remember was sitting on my black beast on the showroom floor picturing myself ripping through gears down a road somewhere. Next thing I know I was signing my name on various papers so viciously that I couldnt even read my own signature!! I just wanted to feel this bike and I on the road!! I did however read about the bike the night before I ventured out to buy....so I knew the specs of this MO-FO!! Just wanted to know if anyone else overlooked test driving the 109 before they bought theirs.Â

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
No test drive for me! Took one look at it, sat on it, looked at that fat a$$ rear tire several times and told the salesman I'd take it! :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Last 3 of 4 bikes i bought I could not test drive. I was sold on the 109 before I went into the showroom. Sat on it, and since it was silver, I already knew it would be fast so i signed on the dotted line and said goodbye to my Yamaha.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hellrazr72 said:
Just read a post by our new friend seapup, and he stated in his post that he didnt test drive the 109 before buying it. And I suddenly realized that I didnt either!! I was so facinated by this machine that I NEVER thought of test driving it!! I feel sorta stupid now! LOL!! All I remember was sitting on my black beast on the showroom floor picturing myself ripping through gears down a road somewhere. Next thing I know I was signing my name on various papers so viciously that I couldnt even read my own signature!! I just wanted to feel this bike and I on the road!! I did however read about the bike the night before I ventured out to buy....so I knew the specs of this MO-FO!! Just wanted to know if anyone else overlooked test driving the 109 before they bought theirs.Â
The 109 is one of the very few bikes I have test ridden before purchase. Luckily it was a used one so I could ummm have an interesting ride without worrying about breakin

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hell, Almost the same story here.My bro has the 1600 murader. I told him I also wanted a cruser. He told me to go online and check out the suzuki M109R ........ The next day two dealerships later with no test ride I was riding the bad boy home.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I didn't get to test drive mine either!

Since it was my first bike in a LONG TIME! (30 Years!) I figured it might be too much to handle as I was looking at several others (VROD, Triumph 3piper, Victory) But since I knew the 109 was coming I waited till the day it came in and when I asked if I could even hear the engine they said none of the bikes even had fluids in them so they couldn't !

But again one look at that fat tire and sitting on it seeing how comfy and light it felt I just said ! I'll take it !!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I not only did not test it, I never even heard one run! This is not like me at all. :redfaced:

I read all the reviews on the 109 & found this board and monitered all your coments concerning your impressions, likes, dislikes & problems. :cop:

I also went to a dealer to see if I liked the 109 as well in person as I did in the various pictures. I then sat on the 109 and found how wide it is and how every thing just sorta fit me.  I was also impressed on how light it was when pulling it off the kick stand. by this time I was convinced, this was the bike for me. :super: :hot: :beer3: :beer2: :clap2: :a18: :2cool: :#1: :2excited:

Heck, by this time all I had to do was find one in the fastes color (Black) and get the right deal! :D :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
450 Posts
Drove 80 miles one way to go for a test ride. The demo happened to be the only 109 they had. Bought from the local dealer the next day. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
961 Posts
No test drive, didn't even see it!!! Had it shipped to me. That was a first.

C-One

·
Registered
113 Posts
No test drive.......saw the bike on Suzuki's website....called the dealership the next day from work and bought one over the phone......

When I got to the dealership after work my black 109 had just finished being prepped and was sitting there waiting for me, it was my first time to even SEE a real 109r....and it was MINE!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nope,,read everything(pictures really helped 2) I could and knew this had to be the bike for me.. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
122 Posts
No test ride here either. Never even sat on it. My first time to sit on it or even hear it run was in my drive way. My wife surprised me with it! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
315 Posts
No test ride here... but spent 3 to 4 hours sitting on it in the show room....

·
Registered
572 Posts
CW_M109R said:
No test ride here... but spent 3 to 4 hours sitting on it in the show room....
Why 3 to 4 hours sitting in the show room?

That is 3 to 4 hours you could have been out riding ;)

LOL JK :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Only remember reading press about it in November of last year. We were walking around the manufacturers tents at Daytona Bike Week and spotted the 109. They were offering demo rides there. After that I knew I had to have one and sold my VFR and got in line for the M. I couldn't be any happier.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts