M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm considering lowering my bike.can i get some feedback from anyone that has done this. ride?handling?installation?etc???
thanks in advance
ACTION (JACK)

G

·
there are a bunch of threads on here do a search(lowering bones) jason has a good solid product install is not a big deal

·
Registered
295 Posts
I'm 5'7 so now my feet are firmly planted flat on the ground. Plenty of sand out here in Western Australia to slide on.
Handling same. Looks way cool too!
Mechanic only charged me for an hours labour for installation.
Did I already say it looks cool.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I'm in the group 7 batch, can't wait to put them on. Hopefully I'll get them in a couple of weeks, and be part of the lowered fast black group ;)

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I posted a 'How To: Lower Your M109R" in the tech section. I think this is one of the MUST HAVE mods for this bike, next to new hand grips.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
:bow:praise the lowered! i love it. Still handles the same, scrapes a little easier in the corners, but looks bada$$

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
trog, you still have all the suspension travel with the lowering bones. only thing it changes is the attachment point of the shock, but the shock still has all the travel and there's plenty more room in the fender for the tire to go up

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
BlkM109r said:
trog, you still have all the suspension travel with the lowering bones. only thing it changes is the attachment point of the shock, but the shock still has all the travel and there's plenty more room in the fender for the tire to go up
JasonZ... feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say this is not true. Your suspension travel will be lessened with the bones lowered. Again, JasonZ, correct me if I'm mistaken.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I am 6' 3" and 285 lbs and have no problems with travel on my suspension. I still have pleanty of preload to accomodate more weight as well. :doorag:

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I'm waiting on my X-Mas bonus so I can get my Air Ride going!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Medic: Not completely right or wrong. The travel, or amount of clearance that the rear tire has until it would hit fender structure is decreased. However, the travel the shock provides limits the upward motion of the suspension. So... lets say from full extension to full compression you have 4" of travel.... lowered you still retain that same amount of travel, you just allow the swing arm to start loading the shock 2.5" lower than where the bike sat factory.

·
Registered
702 Posts
There's talk in the general board right now about a lowered bike helping the rider to have a better launch from a stop. Is this true?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts