M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went for a nice long ride with some friends this weekend. One of my old vtx guys could go because his water pump went out. So I offered to let him ride the 109 and I took the vtx. I was very cool to be able to ride next to the bike and see how nice it looks going down the road. One very cool thing to see was that when the bike is moving you can look right through the wheel and see the ground on the other side. It looks like the wheels are hollow. Just one more great thing about the bike.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Lamonster said:
Did you know we only have two sparkplugs? Just found that out yesterday. ::)
????? I thought that there were two plugs per cylinder. I don't have the factory manual yet but I recall reading that the plugs fired at different intervals to assure good combustion and to help meet emission requirements.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I noticed that you gotta take the bike apart to get to the spark plugs.

Tank off.
Covers off.

etc etc..

Nice that they use Denso or NGK plugs.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Lamonster said:
Did you know we only have two sparkplugs? Just found that out yesterday. ::)
Two that you can get to... and another two that you need to remove the tank to get to. Total of four. :)

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I've only seen one on the road since I got my bike and I wasn't really paying attention to his wheels. And no one has been riding my bike except me, so no chance to see this, but no suprise that we've found yet another great thing about this bike!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts