M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my muffler in yesterday and decided to tear into my exhaust after lunch. A little humid but everything went well, I wanted to save my SET valve but after you really get into it you will find the pipe angle after the valve is not accommodating. So I just cut the SET off and did a little grinding and customizing till everything looked good, then welded her up. As JR stated earlier the heat Shields are the aggravating part, just take your time and be creative. I also posted a pic of my tag mount it has some blue LED's above for illumination.

The sound of the new pipe it lets say tough :doorag:, sounding, it goes well with the 109, total build time was about 5 hours but I do have tools o plenty and my son helped me.

Thanks JR & Perry :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Looks really good, my Dad and I are doing his soon per J.R. Did you feel any difference in power? What brand of muffler did you use and whats the part number if you have it?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Nice JOB and Looks great! I wish i could have done mine in 5 hours :eek: 2X the help! Great job guy's :doorag:

Also how close to the ground does the pipe get into a right turn?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hey thanks JR, coming from your background, I looking forward to doing the exhaust and filter mods, cant wait to get back to the track. I got some ideas on a vaacum pump next.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Don't think clearance will be a problem pegs will be grinding way before the pipe.

·
Registered
94 Posts
david corbett said:

Don't think clearance will be a problem pegs will be grinding way before the pipe.
:bigthumbsup: :doorag: :super:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Man you guys are killing me............... I have got to do this soon :bigthumbsup: Just need to figure out where to make the cuts ;)

·
Registered
525 Posts
Pipe job looks really good. Now...what is all this secretive stuff about a vacuum pump?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts