M109 Rider Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did i miss something? the other site thats appeared seems to have a lot of the guys from here,some of you guys had a fight and left the area? lol or did someone just fancy giving a little competition? or should i be walking on egg shells and say nada...............:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
It's old news. Some people had disagreements with the Mods here and we're told that if they did not like the way that the board was run, create your own board......so they did.

It's no big deal, there's room for both.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Depends on what you are looking for in a board. They are definitely moderated differently, and definitely have differences in how they determine what is useful to a board and what is not, content wise.

·
Registered
85 Posts
What is the new/other site?

I'm curious as I sent a pm to someone here and I want to make sure they get it just in case they moved over to the other site...

Thanks

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
I'm on 6 different sites/forums and have learned plenty from all of them! Which one, are you talking about?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Guess you can't post the name of the other site on here..What are we a bunch of kids on here? Anyway..I tried to tell you about the other site, but someone must have gotten mad and took my post off. I do love this site, it's just a shame to have " Big brother" watching everything you say and do. At the "other site" this doesn't happen. Maybe I will get kicked off of here as well? Hold on the KGB are at my door...Gotta run!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Gigantor, Watch out I just put the samething up and my post was taken off...Guess you can't speak your mind on here anymore...

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
You are correct. The setup is similar to here where the owner of the board makes/sells products to the members. I am on here and there. I love both boards. I think it is great to be able to have friendly competition on prices that will benefit all users. There was a forum that came about way back when that had bad blood with this board. The new board does not have that. The owners of the other board know they will not have members come to them full time and not hang out here. They set it up as a business, and welcome anyone but there is no hatred towards this or any other forum. There are a lot of members here, who hang out there as well.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
You are correct. The setup is similar to here where the owner of the board makes/sells products to the members. I am on here and there. I love both boards. I think it is great to be able to have friendly competition on prices that will benefit all users. There was a forum that came about way back when that had bad blood with this board. The new board does not have that. The owners of the other board know they will not have members come to them full time and not hang out here. They set it up as a business, and welcome anyone but there is no hatred towards this or any other forum. There are a lot of members here, who hang out there as well.
:agree: 100% with all that you said. This forum and the other one are both run well....there is no bashing/hate. They are both set up to sell products and help members. :clap2:

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Dang, I thought you were talking about the "other" other site!

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Dang, I thought you were talking about the "other" other site!
The "other" other site that you are probably talking about I never got used to it. I went there a few times but it was dark and gloomy, and there wasn't a lot of activity. I even think that they had a cover charge or took donations from those wanting to go to the "back-room" where they had God knows what type of topics:dontknow:. The one I am talking about rhymed with Tech.

·
Registered
608 Posts
The "other" other site that you are probably talking about I never got used to it. I went there a few times but it was dark and gloomy, and there wasn't a lot of activity. I even think that they had a cover charge or took donations from those wanting to go to the "back-room" where they had God knows what type of topics:dontknow:. The one I am talking about rhymed with Tech.
I know that site. Some of the females that left here are over there. Plus it has at least one female moderator, who also used to post here. That may not be what you seek in site either. Depends on what you want in a site. Some members from here also post there.

I use the ignore function here to solve the main issues. You can't put moderators on ignore at some of the other sites. You may or may not like that.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I just don't get involved in the politics. Life is nicer that way!:p

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
they are both nice sites, but i spend 90% of my time on this one. :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I spend time at both as well as a couple of the other 9 websites as well as a couple of Harley websites, Ford Truck websites & Dodge Stealth websites...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
bikers

Well guys we are all bikers so its cool that we all get on with each other,at the end of the day i may not like you,but if i see you broken down at the side of the road il stop and help you all i can because you ride a bike............so hey freedom of choice is a great thing to have another 9 forum is cool but il be here most of the time theres alot of knowledge here.......

·
Registered
960 Posts
,but if i see you broken down at the side of the road il stop and help you all i can because you ride a bike..............
If you see me broken down at the side of the road means that I am not only broken down but LOST!:joke:

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I'm on both as well as another in Oz. The more sites with more information the better! I try to visit every one of them as often as I can. As of late it hasn't been much.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Guess you can't post the name of the other site on here..What are we a bunch of kids on here? Anyway..I tried to tell you about the other site, but someone must have gotten mad and took my post off. I do love this site, it's just a shame to have " Big brother" watching everything you say and do. At the "other site" this doesn't happen. Maybe I will get kicked off of here as well? Hold on the KGB are at my door...Gotta run!
there is another forum i visit that doesn't even need a mod to see a link posted to this forum. If you try and link directly to this site it is filtered immediately and automatically :dontknow: and over there at the Cafe its probably the most free for all forum I have ever visited

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.