M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed custom air covers that were done by Shane. I re-opened the covers to install LED's and noticed some oil in one of the cavities??? Is this normal?? :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Hink????

it has been 20 minutes

Search for oil pucking and you will find it is normal and several fixes.

It is also on the FAQ list.

G

·
Installed custom air covers that were done by Shane. I re-opened the covers to install LED's and noticed some oil in one of the cavities??? Is this normal?? :dontknow:
That all depends on your definition of "normal". It's normal for the 9 if you change the oil and over-fill it...which is easy to do if you don't follow Zuk's convoluted oil level check procedure...do a quick search and you'll find 1000 threads addressing this issue.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hink????

it has been 20 minutes

Search for oil pucking and you will find it is normal and several fixes.

It is also on the FAQ list.
Muahahaha, I was expecting Hink to ring in pretty quick too!!!!

I'll lokk into these fixes.. Just scared the crap outta me when I saw the oil!!!

G

·
Did you keep the stock air filters? If they are dirty they increase the vacuum in the airbox and oil vent tube. This is part of the problem. The filters don't have to look dirty to be restricted by debris. New filters or getting low restriction filters like K&N's or other optional intakes will greatly reduce the tendancy of this bike to suck oil out of the crankcase. But don't overfill it either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts