M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi all, well I am "guinea-pigging" my bike for some Diamond Plated chromed industrial tape we have for sale at work, so far as you can see it's a work in progress since I am working longer than usual hours this week, the tape is incredibly tough and so far so good as there are no balancing issues when I ride (even letting go of the bars) and the wheels look like they cost thousands in my opinion. Just finished the whole bike tonight since I made the templates from the front blades and just covered the front/back wheels with it. The nice thing is that the rear wheel is wide enough for me not to have cut/overlapped the tape in some places like I needed to do with the front.

As you all can see, I deliberately left one of the blades under-lapped/taped in the close up picture so as you can all see the difference the new diamond plate gives the bike.

I will post more complete pics tomorrow or day after (work allowing). By the way we sell this tape for $60 in the shop (Laredo Auto Paint) but i'm sure you can get it at any good auto paint and supply store or we can ship it to you if you wish, PM me if you cant find it (it comes in a 50 foot roll) and I can help you out.

Well what do you all think?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
looks pretty cool. know that if that stuff is heavy (don't know if it's like real diamond plate or not), you'll be taking a performance hit. wheel weight is a pretty sensitive variable on bikes.

·
Registered
664 Posts
It's a cool mod... not my flavor.... But it's a cool mod none the less.... Good job on thinking of it :bigthumbsup:
I think it might be cool to have the swing arm covers covered in that stuff....

·
Registered
443 Posts
phaed said:
looks pretty cool. know that if that stuff is heavy (don't know if it's like real diamond plate or not), you'll be taking a performance hit. wheel weight is a pretty sensitive variable on bikes.
Look again at his first sentence, it's "industrial tape".

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Looks good... very creative change to the wheels...

How hard do you think it will be to keep/Get clean??
How good is the adhesion over time after multiple washings?

:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
890 Posts
RubenAlonzo said:

Hi all, well I am "guinea-pigging" my bike for some Diamond Plated chromed industrial tape we have for sale at work, so far as you can see it's a work in progress since I am working longer than usual hours this week, the tape is incredibly tough and so far so good as there are no balancing issues when I ride (even letting go of the bars) and the wheels look like they cost thousands in my opinion. Just finished the whole bike tonight since I made the templates from the front blades and just covered the front/back wheels with it. The nice thing is that the rear wheel is wide enough for me not to have cut/overlapped the tape in some places like I needed to do with the front.

As you all can see, I deliberately left one of the blades under-lapped/taped in the close up picture so as you can all see the difference the new diamond plate gives the bike.

I will post more complete pics tomorrow or day after (work allowing). By the way we sell this tape for $60 in the shop (Laredo Auto Paint) but i'm sure you can get it at any good auto paint and supply store or we can ship it to you if you wish, PM me if you cant find it (it comes in a 50 foot roll) and I can help you out.

Well what do you all think?
Well check out Mr. Different :bigthumbsup: Nice work man...it definately looks good on your bike. Keep us posted on how it goes wear and clean-up wise. :a18:

Devilish

1 - 8 of 8 Posts