M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given the weather forecast for this weekend, the ride will be put off to another date. I have contacted everyone that was coming along so no one shows up by themselves...
I'll post a new date soon.
Colin

Some of the riders below are from Canada, some the U.S. Some are from Washington and British Columbia, some Alberta, and Montana.
All expressed an interest in riding through the B.C. Washington area this spring.
There are 12 people on the list below. I will PM everyone with more details shortly.
Spring is here.! If you know anyone else that might be interested, friends, other riders, send them this link.
:bigthumbsup:

UPDATE ON ACCOMODATIONS: Here is a hotel that currently has vacancy that we will be staying in. Of course you can stay anyplace you like, but it would be good to stick together. This hotel is in Forks, Washington. That's about an hour out of Neah Bay. Please book your room via the website or by calling them. You are responsible for booking your own room.
http://www.forksmotel.com/

Here is an update as to who is in for the ride so far:
[size=10pt][size=10pt]We have 5 confirmed riders from the list below so far. Just waiting to hear back from the others that have said they will be going. We should have a total of 7 riders if the other two confirm.

Canuk (Yes) (Two UP) (Sat & Sun)
WA109 (YES) (Sat & Sun)
TAWNIA (YES) (Sat & Sun)
BTL (Maybe)
COKEGIG (YES) (Two UP) (Sat)
SeattleM109 (Maybe)
M109Racer (YES) (Two UP) (Sat)
chubrocka (YES) (Sun)
Darcy (Yes) (Two UP) (Sat & Sun) (Honda Shadow)

WWW.M109Riders.com
Washington / B.C. Ride May 19th Weekend

The May 19th weekend is a long weekend for Canadians, so we will have Monday to ride back. Anyone can join the ride, and you can do a one, two, or three day ride with us.
Saturday morning, both B.C. and Washington Riders make way to Neah Bay, where both B.C. and Washington riders will gather Saturday afternoon. Neah Bay is located at the Northwest corner of Washington. They have several hotels and local pubs in this scenic little town.
Sunday, both B.C. and Washington Riders head south down the scenic Washington coast along Hwy#101 across Hwy#12 to McCleary.
Washington riders bid us farewell and head back home, B.C. riders head north up along scenic Hwy#101 to Port Townsend where we will spend the second night.
Monday morning, we head out on the road and make our way back into B.C. arriving home Monday afternoon.
The routes below should leave plenty of time for pit stops, and gas.
The attached link, illustrates the map routes. The colors below match the colors on the map.
http://www.frappr.com/m109riders/photos/3664174

Canadian Route Saturday: (Yellow trail on map)
Richmond B.C. > Bellingham along Hwy#5 = 48 Miles
Bellingham > Port Angeles (Hwy#11 to Hyw#20 to Hwy#117) = 125 Miles
Port Angeles > Neah Bay along Hwy#112 = 71 Miles
Total Distance Saturday = 244 Miles

U.S. Route Saturday (Blue trail on map)
Puyallup > Olympia along Hwy#5 = 22 Miles
Olympia > Lilliwaup along Hwy#101 = 41 Miles
Lilliwaup > Port Angeles along Hwy#101 to Hwy#117 = 89 Miles
Port Angeles > Neah Bay along Hwy#112 = 71 Miles
Total Distance Saturday = 223 Miles

Canadian and U.S. Route Sunday (Green trail on map)
Neah Bay > McCleary (near Olympia) along Hwy#101 = 186 Miles

Continued U.S. Route Sunday (Blue trail on map)
McCleary > Puyallup along Hwy#8 to Hwy#5 = 54 Miles
Total Distance Sunday =240 Miles

Continued Canadian Route Sunday (Purple trail on map)
McCleary > Port Townsend along Hwy#108 to Hwy#101 = 94 Miles
Total Distance Sunday =280 Miles

Continued Canadian Route Home Monday (Yellow trail on map)
Port Townsend > Vancouver along Hwy#20 to Hwy#11 to Hwy#5 =190 Miles

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Here is a list of riders I'll be contacting for the May 19th RIDE !

I've sent a PM (Personal message) to all 20 riders above to find out how much interest we have for this ride.
We'll likely end up with quite a few 109's there, so it should be a great time. I will put the actual ride details together as the date gets closer.
Anyone else that lives outside this area, but is in for the ride, let me know, and I'll add you to the list.
Spring is just around the corner.
:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :p

·
Registered
81 Posts
Re: Here is a list of riders signed up so far for the May 19th RIDE !

I'll try to hook up w/ y'all, but why are you planning for a gtg so early in the year?

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I'll put you down as a Maybe Bubfryder,
BTW - It's not early in the year, it's late in the winter. :joke:

Actually the earlier we ride the better, that way we can get on planning the next ride.
Keep an eye on the "Washington" Chapter for more updates.
:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I already know I'm going to want to ride the entire weekend, on some great roads in B.C. and Washington, so I'm making this an all weekend ride.
We will ride from Saturday the 19th arriving back Monday the 23rd. The plan is to route it out, so each rider can choose how many days they want the ride to be. Each rider can make it a one day, two day, or stick with us on the three day ride and come home Monday. You just break off, and head home at the one or two day mark.
The route will be set out to make this as easy as possible. I will send the route out long before May. Any suggestions drop a line here.
Hope you can all make it.

·
Registered
924 Posts

Canuk said:
I already know I'm going to want to ride the entire weekend, on some great roads in B.C. and Washington, so I'm making this an all weekend ride.
We will ride from Saturday the 19th arriving back Monday the 23rd. The plan is to route it out, so each rider can choose how many days they want the ride to be. Each rider can make it a one day, two day, or stick with us on the three day ride and come home Monday. You just break off, and head home at the one or two day mark.
The route will be set out to make this as easy as possible. I will send the route out long before May. Any suggestions drop a line here.
Hope you can all make it.
+1 ^^^^^ Me too for the whole weekend. I already have 4 riders that want to go for the 2 days. Wish it could be a weekrun but work holds me up for that. :realmad:

·
Registered
44 Posts

I think we (wife and I) might be able to make that ride. pm me some info on when were

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Glad you and your wife can make it Wolfman. I'll send all the members details of when and where when they are baked out.
:doorag:
:welcome:Aboard !

·
Registered
8 Posts

As you know, I'd love to make this ride. Sounds like it might be a real possibility since we're not doing Herring this year. Gonna go do the crab thing for a few months (Jan, Feb, Mar), and we'll see how things sit after that. Would like to meet some of you in person. I'll check back when I can. Everyone else, have a safe winter. ;)

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Cabin Boy said:
As you know, I'd love to make this ride. Sounds like it might be a real possibility since we're not doing Herring this year. Gonna go do the crab thing for a few months (Jan, Feb, Mar), and we'll see how things sit after that. Would like to meet some of you in person. I'll check back when I can. Everyone else, have a safe winter. ;)
Hope you make it back for May. Good luck with the crabs. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
88 Posts

Hope you make it back for May. Good luck with the crabs.
Posted on: December 17, 2006, 05:34:50 AMPosted by: Cabin Boy

:a20: The ones in the sea right?? :a20:

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I've put together the game plan and route for the May 19th weekend ride . I've built the route and plan to accomodate for those that wish to ride the entire weekend, and for those that don't. Also, this weekend is a long weekend for Canadians, but not Americans, so this was taken into account as well.
I'm looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible, so hopefully everyone who said "Yes", can still make it.
I will be posting the route, and game plan shortly. Keep you eyes peeled for updates.!

·
Registered
74 Posts

I was just wondering if us Canadians need a passport to cross into the U.S or did they give up on that, if so I had better get one. Also just curious do the guys on the U.S side have to get one to come up here.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I know Canadians will need a passport. I suspect Americans do to, but I'm not positive.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Crude said:
I was just wondering if us Canadians need a passport to cross into the U.S or did they give up on that, if so I had better get one. Also just curious do the guys on the U.S side have to get one to come up here.
Canadians only need a birth certificate and drivers lic. to cross. A passport is ideal, but not necessary when driving over to the U.S. yet.
You only need a passport when crossing into the U.S. via an airline.

·
Registered
74 Posts

Canuk said:
Canadians only need a birth certificate and drivers lic. to cross. A passport is ideal, but not necessary when driving over to the U.S. yet.
You only need a passport when crossing into the U.S. via an airline.
That is what I recently herd also which is good for this year because it sounds like the pasport issuing is backed way up and it could take a long time to get. I think I will wait untill this summer when the rush is over.

·
Registered
924 Posts

Crude said:
That is what I recently herd also which is good for this year because it sounds like the pasport issuing is backed way up and it could take a long time to get. I think I will wait untill this summer when the rush is over.
10 weeks state's side

·
Registered
1,243 Posts

Hey Canuk...Tawnia and I would love to meet up with you guys here in WA and ride to Neah Bay with you. As you know, we are in Smokey point so we could wait at Deception Pass if we have a general time frame. Also...can't get that map of yours to work!

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

WA109 said:
Hey Canuk...Tawnia and I would love to meet up with you guys here in WA and ride to Neah Bay with you. As you know, we are in Smokey point so we could wait at Deception Pass if we have a general time frame. Also...can't get that map of yours to work!
Glad you can hook up with us. It's hard to tell when we will be nearing Deception, but I can call you guys when we have a better idea what time we might be passing through.
My cell is 778-228-3469. Send me your #, or call me that morning .

1 - 20 of 35 Posts