M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

Corbin is determined to resolve the issue with the fitment of their front saddle on our M90's.

They really need an M90 to test fit their saddle on. You wouldn't necessary need to leave your M90 with them but they would at least need your bike for a few hours to test fit their saddle so they can determine what's wrong with the fitment.

If you know anyone who owns an M90 in Central California (Corbin is based in Hollister, California) please let them know. They would have the gratitude of many M90 owners.

Thanks

·
Registered
143 Posts
Surely they can get a demo bike from the local dealer , ?
or ask the dealer if they've sold any locally ??

Good on em for getting the problem sorted tho !!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
All they need to do is find a dealer with an M90 and pack up their s:edit:t and drive out there...never mind someone donating their bike again. They made the seat so all it should take is actually seeing how it fits on the bike.

My seat is going to be here today, but all that waiting and it's just going to sit in the box until Corbin figures out what they screwed up.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep - but they said that of the two nearby dealers one of them didn't have an M90 available and the other was not cooperative. I just asked which of the dealers had the M90 - I don't mind calling and asking (begging?) for them to help out us M90 owners.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Yep - but they said that of the two nearby dealers one of them didn't have an M90 available and the other was not cooperative.
If the nearby dealerships can't help, Corbin needs to look further out and travel a little farther. They need to do any and everything to get this matter resolved as quickly as possible...that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
143 Posts
It's all just a pain in the @$$ , Just a well they make a comfy seat to sooth the pain !! :D

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's all just a pain in the @$$ , Just a well they make a comfy seat to sooth the pain !! :D
That's funny! :D But true!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Same as other thread. Maybe some one send them a stock seat so they can make the adjustments from that.
Bob

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Same as other thread. Maybe some one send them a stock seat so they can make the adjustments from that.
Bob
Good idea -

I'd be happy to send them my seat if they thought it would help. I'll make the offer but am not sure it would help. The seat pans are so different.

I'll let you know if they take me up on the offer.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Great
Seems to me that the relationship between the front lip of the seat and the front locating tab are going to be pretty much the same so at least they can figure out what change from the one they gave Mike.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great
Seems to me that the relationship between the front lip of the seat and the front locating tab are going to be pretty much the same so at least they can figure out what change from the one they gave Mike.
Yeah - I thought so too when I mentioned this a few days ago. Corbin was speculating that there was perhaps something different with Mike's bike. I said if that were the case his stock seat would have a fitment issue as well.

Corbin's response:
-----
5. Your reasoning is good that if Mike's tank is different, then the OEM seat should also have a problem. However, I believe the oem seat has more foam at the front and lays on the tank a bit where ours was designed to butt up against it. So a variance here would make ours look like crap whereas it will be hidden by the stock unit. It happened to us with an HD model a couple years back which is where I'm getting this whole idea... but I'm still hoping this isn't the problem.
-----

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Well your on it and that is the good thing. My contact guy at corbin G really seems to want to make things right with their stuff. So my bet is that they will fix it somehow. I will be watching here for followups.
bob

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well your on it and that is the good thing. My contact guy at corbin G really seems to want to make things right with their stuff. So my bet is that they will fix it somehow. I will be watching here for followups.
bob
Yep - my contact, Greg H., is very responsive and I can tell that he REALLY wants to get this issue resolved ASAP. He's very apologetic about the fitment issues and very appreciative of any help he can get. I'm 100% sure that the issue will get resolved and they'll do what it takes to turn the situation around and make sure all their customers are satisfied.

That kind of customer service is really appreciated by the customer (such as me) and I will go out of my way to help them and give credit for a job well done where credit is due. e.g. HealTech, Corbin, Brooks @ MSN, etc.

Conversely, when a company has exceptionally poor customer service and seems to have an attitude of 'The Customer is always wrong' when they eventually respond, well then I'm not shy about mentioning that if the topic comes up. e.g. KewlMetal

At least I can use the saddle while I'm waiting for a resolution. And let me tell you - it is VERY comfortable!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
yeah i have been getting pretty good customer service lately, i spoke with janice she wants me to send back my seat, i said yeah once you guys get the problem fixed. i have a nice bike trip planned and the comfy of this seat makes the trip lovely. so i hope once they fix the problem the customer service continues. im thinking seat for a seat send me back my new one and i will send back this old one.:dontknow:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts