M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never removed it before is there anything to be aware of or is it just remove the bolts and it comes right off? Anything going to leak out, pop out? Thank you...

·
Registered
53 Posts
If I remember correctly there are only three bolts that need to be removed, 2 o'clock,6 o'clock and 10 o'clock positions. The other three are for looks only. Nothing falls out. No fluids behind the cover, if it is the left side by the shift lever you are speaking of?

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,874 Posts
Renzo's got it. Nothing to worry about when taking it off. There is a big rubber gasket attached to it.
I've seen that gasket mentioned before, but mine didn't have one on it. Just the cover sitting on the 3 tabs extending off the magneto cover. I wonder if some had it and some didn't? I don't see a need for one other than to maybe keep a little dust out, but even the aftermarket covers fit tight.

·
Radio Active Member
27,670 Posts
I've seen that gasket mentioned before, but mine didn't have one on it. Just the cover sitting on the 3 tabs extending off the magneto cover. I wonder if some had it and some didn't? I don't see a need for one other than to maybe keep a little dust out, but even the aftermarket covers fit tight.
:agree: Mine did not have a gasket either. I don't see why it needs one because it is not retaining any fluids.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Mine had the gasket, but when I put the new one on with the flames, the gasket did not fit, so it got tossed!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts