M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my '07 M109R used. After I picked up and got it back to my house, I was taking some parts off to add some mods and found a Denso product zip-tied to the frame on the pipe side of the bike. It was covered by the C Side Cover on the pipe side of the bike. That is the plastic side cover that just pushes into a few holes to snap it on the side. There is what seems to be a plug and play connection that is plugged into something directly under the tank. I have tried to google it to find out what it might be, but I have had no luck. Denso makes a lot of spark plug and fuel injection kinds of products, but I am not sure what this is.

Can anyone reply to this, and let me know what you think it might be, or refer me to a site where I can find the information.

I am confused about this. :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Post a picture of the item...I'm sure someone will be able to identify it for you

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will try to post some pics by 3/30/10

Thanks to all of you that responded. I will post some pics no later than 3/30/10 hopefully. I hope that will allow someone to confirm what this item is.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Denso part

The exhaust valve has a controller box that says Denso on it. If you have an aftermarket exhaust, whoever installed it just zip tied it there in case you ever need it for a stock exhaust.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Thanks to all of you that responded. I will post some pics no later than 3/30/10 hopefully. I hope that will allow someone to confirm what this item is.

Thanks.
no one will be able to confirm what it is exactly until pictures are posted.

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The exhaust valve has a controller box that says Denso on it. If you have an aftermarket exhaust, whoever installed it just zip tied it there in case you ever need it for a stock exhaust.
Yes, I do have an aftermarket exhaust on the bike. But, this device is actually plugged into something under the tank (maybe into the harness). If it were placed there just in case it was needed for a stock exhaust, would it need to be plugged into something?

I am going to get a pic posted real soon so you all can see what it looks like.

Thanks.

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
would take you 10 mins to get out the camera and take a shot.

ok lets have bets on what it is.

power commander of some sort?

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That is the item I am talking about!!!

Is this what it looks like?????????????????

View attachment 17983 View attachment 17984

if this is it and you want to do away with it follow instructions http://www.bigpapam109.com/downloads/disable_set.pdf
Bigeh, that is exactly what I was talking about. That is the thing I want to get rid of. Thanks for helping me with this issue, and thank you also for the instructions on how to disable the FI function. However, once the FI function is disabled can I then disconnect that black Denso box from the connectors that it is plugged into to get it off of my bike completely?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts