M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its not my job to decide what people like and what they don't like. I learned a long time ago that my taste doesn't agree with most other peoples.

·
Registered
752 Posts
J R said:
I can already see these windshield pic,s on the warrior ,vtx, harley boards with much laughter and abuse on the old poor 109.I hate to be honest and have tried not to but these things look like total ass.Ya got a bike that was marketed for performance and the sportbike crowd coming off Busa,s and stuff buying them.This type logic on this bike wont cut it with most.its not suppossed to be a C-90.It dont go with the lines of the bike it can be seen it was made for other bikes and rigged on there and it just plain couldnt look any worse.Im just trying to be honest here.This bike is different it aint a harley wanna be or a vtx or some other harly knock off you can just bolt a bunch of crap on and it look right it has flowing lines ect.the windshilds do not look good at all. Im sorry. You need to DESIGN one that includes a whole new headlight bezzle and then flows up to be a windshield and it all flows not have one angle and stick somthing like that in the middle.This bike has a lot of sportbikers buying it.More stuff like this will make them sell it and go back to sportbikes or Harleys cause it WAAAAY to goofball nerdie....
+1

I bought a shooter and it's a well made piece but it is just on there for a long ride and is coming off when I arrive at my destination

·
Registered
593 Posts
I agree with JR . It should flow with the headlight. You wouldn't have to design a whole new bezel, just something to match the current lines. When you go covering up these lines, you have well, just another cruiser. I know I speak for most by saying the M is NOT just another cruiser. Just my .02 8)

·
Registered
76 Posts
I for one would ask that you not stop catiring to the race guys and "casual riders", because there are a sh... load of guys (myself included) that just want to personalize it and are intrested in anything related to comfort and looks. We all need products, so keep diversified.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Wow...opinions vary on this one , I'm not big on windshields...but this bike can use one..I've been waiting like the rest of you for one to emerge and
that I can say...yes ! thats the one. Now the ones bought out so far...haven't been stellar and haven't been declared the must have...so I'll continue to
wait....but I won't degrade what's been put out so far...it's new and takes time.

I'd bet we will see an influx of goodies when the riding season is about over...who wants to bet ? I love the Corbin seats...but damn over $1,100 for the 3 non heated pieces..are they that nice ? They don't look all that much different than what we have...and they might be a little more "cushy" but $ 1,100.00 ?
I think thats a bit much...how many will they sell ?

...I think our level of expectation has went so high...I think anything they bring out...will it be good enough to put on this machine ?....probably not
based on the comments I see.

I have made some changes on my bike...nothing drastic, but well thought out and careful ones.

I admit...when I'm putting down the road...I want to look good...and feel like a million bucks...as this bike is a marvel at the moment...we all
know that sooner or later someone is going to challege the 109...and probably will knock it off the hill...it will be a while from now...but it will happen.

Just some thoughts.....

Dave

·
Registered
593 Posts
Hey guys check out Wildracing22's post on the 2-1 exhaust. He has a great looking shield on his M.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I agree with EL. Talk to the people at Memphis Shades and have them desing a windshield similar to the one you are showing, but only larger. Maybe a one piece iunit that will replace the current nacelle, but still fit over the head light like the current on the 109. I would be interested big time in something like that.

Reed

·
Registered
355 Posts
If you dont like the d#^/ thing don't buy it but I for one dont give a crap what you think about what I put on my bike. People keep screaming about how bad this is or that is but it is really about what "I" want on "MY" bike. Why must things be posted to suggest that anyone who likes something different from JR is a wuss or A-hole or whatever? What trips me out is the same folks bitchin about having a choice with wearing helmets dont think we should have a choice on what we want. Your head, brain, skull...your choice. My windshield, my bags, my seat, my whatever!!! MY Choice!!!! Get a life and let the rest of us do to our bikes what we please.
Hal thanks for giving us several different options on so many different parts for this bike.
Wow that soap box felt good!!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had the Demon on my Nighthawk and man did it do the trick. Wind was reduced sooooo much it was very comfortable. I think the demon is great if you are going touring on the M109r and that is exactly where it is marketed to.

I do agree with JR on one thing though, if you are going to ride 100% of the time with a windshield it MUST match the flow the the front cowl.

I'm thinking of something like a wind vest screen. http://www.windvest.com they look like they might be able to clear the tach and reach down a bit to the cowl. Now if they would actually make one for the M109r. Or the Alley Cat by Memphis.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Bullie said:
If you dont like the d#^/ thing don't buy it but I for one dont give a crap what you think about what I put on my bike. People keep screaming about how bad this is or that is but it is really about what "I" want on "MY" bike. Why must things be posted to suggest that anyone who likes something different from JR is a wuss or A-hole or whatever?  What trips me out is the same folks bitchin about having a choice with wearing helmets dont think we should have a choice on what we want. Your head, brain, skull...your choice. My windshield, my bags, my seat, my whatever!!! MY Choice!!!! Get a life and let the rest of us do to our bikes what we please.
Hal thanks for giving us several different options on so many different parts for this bike. Â
Wow that soap box felt good!!!!
"WOW" now go take a Xenix

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm not a big windshield fan either but quite frankly chewin' an' spittin' bugs isn't all it's cracked up to be.I'm thinking for longer trips I might have to break down and install one .:( Maybe if it comes off in matter of seconds I won't feel .......er... old ::)
Dave

·
Registered
600 Posts
I've got over 4,000 miles on my M and I've only had it for 6 weeks. I NEED something to reduce the fatigue from hanging on for dear life cruising down the road at 75mph+. For those of you who bought your bike to ride 25 miles on the weekend down to the local watering hole and back, I can see why you don't feel the need for a shield. For those of you who bought one to modify the hell out of and race everything in sight while looking cool in the process, simply don't put one on it. I promise if you ever pull up next to me at a light on your M, I'll lag behind a little when the light turns green so as not to embarrass you - I'd hate to hurt someone's feelings because I actually feel more comfortable on my ride due to having a butt-ugly shield on it ::)

Nothing I've seen so far has made me want to whip out the bank card, but I know one is coming. If what Hal and Memphis Shades are offering happens to suit someone's needs, well, that's what Direct Line is in business for. Remember..."One man's trash is another man's treasure."

1 - 20 of 42 Posts