M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,651 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Like BCS said, post up some pics when you get that sidecar on it. I've only seen one, and it wasn't a member on here. It was on YouTube a few years agi and was somewhere in Europe at an event where there was a lot of mud. He was having a hard time with it. There's still a couple of videos on YouTube with sidecars. And I've only seen one company making a sidecar kit, are you making your own mounts or trying to find something premade?

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,651 Posts
Here's the one I found. I know nothing about the company, and just a quick read looks like it's more of a universal kit than something specifically made for the bike. If you can get one custom made for yours, I think that would probably be the better way to go.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
If you are having your sidecar custom built, have you given any thought to placing the side car on the left side of the bike instead of on the right side of the bike?
This would put the person (or dog) riding in the side car on the opposite side from the exhaust which would be a much more favorable position for them I would think.
As well it would leave the exhaust side (the nicer looking side) of the bike visible and unobstructed.

BCS

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
The way I see it is your on a motorcycle, so if someone hits the motorcycle or the side car, both cycle and sidecar are likely going to take the toll and neither will get away scot free.
No real protection on a bike either way really when talking about getting hit by oncoming traffic.

BCS

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.