M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen two imperfections on my black M.
The rear cowl has what I would call dimple marks on it. Two sets of three. The other is on the fuel tank. If you look at the bottom left, right by the center seem, there seems to be a dent/ripple there. You can pick it up by looking at something through the reflection of the tank. Start in the center and make the reflection go down the center. Towards the bottom you should see a distortion. I looked at a black 07 on the showroom floor and it had the same things wrong. I am going to write Suzuki about this and see what they'll do.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Show your dealer first! Mine had a scratch on the right side panel. I showed it to the dealer(before I left the shop with the bike. He called me 2 days later,and had a new one,to replace the old one with. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
775 Posts
not sure about the tank; but, the little dimples on the cowl's ( and maybe the tank ) could be where they attach something ( like wire or arms )

·
Registered
343 Posts
bdsbigzrx said:
good luck. You can only expect "so much" from an OEM factory paintjob......
That sounds like a flaw under the paint to me.

·
Registered
159 Posts
yes, of course it is. It may be something that all the M109's have. I'd be surprised if Suzuki did anything about it, but we'll see. Anyone else noticed this????

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I have a couple of small dimples in my tank too. I posted early on in this forum about Black paint issues. U am in agreement with most who have said Suzuki will do nothing. The clear coat on these factory paint jobs is also a problem, scratches real easy (slightest touch)

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
All the bikes i looked at have them :eek:

I believe it it from the mold they cast the parts from. they all seem to be in the same area , thats my guess anyway :D

But we got these bikes for 12000 give or take , and overall you can't complain.

I LOVE Mine, Dimples and all :D :bigthumbsup:

G

·
My rear left fender stay needs to be replaced, you can't see but you can feel and even hear the chrome 'floating' above the metal when you wipe your hand across it. Anyway, haven't been by the dealer lately to show em / have them order a replacement. Overall I'm pleased with everything on the bike aside from the moving headlight... that will always get on my nerves

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I agree that it is in the mold, like they attached something to the back side of the cowl. The dealer told me that Suzuki probably does not even make those parts. But still, $12k, I think the bike should be perfect. Maybe that is just me.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I agree Ryno To say for 12 grand it's alright to have some blems is unacceptable to me and I'm sure many others. That's like saying since JETBLUE gives cheap air fare it would be ok if some of the planes don't make it to there destinations and go down in flames, maybe not the same thing but bottom line If I spend money on a brand new product and it is below standard I say that is no good and Suzuki should feel the same way about their product.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts