M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got my 2007 M109, love it and everyone else loves it as well. So since winter is getting close and I have plans to do some upgrades on it. I'm going to get a Arlen Ness intake, a Cobra Fi2000 Power Pro, and either Vance & Hines Big Shots, Freedom Sharp Curve, Or Cobra swept. I just want to know what other people have and what they think if them!

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
My only experience with V&H Big shots is riding behind The Huff. His are loud as hell! I think he debaffled his tho.

I have Cobra swepts on mine. I think the swepts and the sharp curved are the best looking pipes for our bikes. That said, I think the Icebox Velocity Pro is the best sounding out of the ones I have heard. One thing to keep in mind when you pick exhaust is if you ever plan to go with a wider rear wheel, you may want to consider a short exhaust. In some cases, you may have to pull the exhaust to remove the rear wheel for tire changes. Besides that, you probably won't want to spend $3k on wheels just to hide them behind long pipes. That is what I'm going thru right now. Planning lots of mods for this winter, one will be wheels, another will be going to a shorter exhaust so I can see the new wheels! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Have spike intakes now and love the look. Power pro also and i have Side Burner exhaust andnlove the look. Lowered and black parts scattered around. I kind of like the low chunky look on my bike and more industrial.
verses

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
My only experience with V&H Big shots is riding behind The Huff. His are loud as hell! I think he debaffled his tho.

I have Cobra swepts on mine. I think the swepts and the sharp curved are the best looking pipes for our bikes. That said, I think the Icebox Velocity Pro is the best sounding out of the ones I have heard. One thing to keep in mind when you pick exhaust is if you ever plan to go with a wider rear wheel, you may want to consider a short exhaust. In some cases, you may have to pull the exhaust to remove the rear wheel for tire changes. Besides that, you probably won't want to spend $3k on wheels just to hide them behind long pipes. That is what I'm going thru right now. Planning lots of mods for this winter, one will be wheels, another will be going to a shorter exhaust so I can see the new wheels! :bigthumbsup:
CAN'T believe you just said that LOL

·
Registered
264 Posts
So I just got my 2007 M109, love it and everyone else loves it as well. So since winter is getting close and I have plans to do some upgrades on it. I'm going to get a Arlen Ness intake, a Cobra Fi2000 Power Pro, and either Vance & Hines Big Shots, Freedom Sharp Curve, Or Cobra swept. I just want to know what other people have and what they think if them!
12122525_10206589615413363_6209096940854905127_n.jpg Sharp Curve looks awesome and sound is amazing. It clears that rear a lot,and i'm not gonna talk about the weight reducing. Good luck with a buy

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Typically and generally speaking 2 into 2 exhausts provide noticeably less performance than 2 into 1 exhausts. With that being said...dollar for dollar and pound for pound, the best performing, best looking and best sounding exhausts for the M109R are the IceBox Shorty Sideburner, and the IceBox Shorty Velocity Pro. JMHO. I have read many of the performance reviews and heard many types of exhausts on the 9s belonging to other riders, and none are as impressive as the two I mentioned in this response. Many other members will disagree, argue or debate my claim, but they (the Sideburner and Velocity Pro) speak for themselves. I can't begin to tell you how many compliments I have received about my Sideburner exhausts on both of my 9s.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
OK DAMMIT,,

These are the best sounding, best performing Pipes I have heard or known, and I made them. I gained mileage increase and the sound factor is awesome. I am waiting for another set of stockers to make another set.... Period... LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts