M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks

Decided I want to install the Stebel on my bike. Ill be contacting Ryno for the harness but I was wondering what other components I will be needing that don't come with the horn itself. I think I will be installing it on the right side of my bike.

I see they are costing around $39 bucks online, I believe thats a good deal... anyone seen them for less?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Consider installing it behind the radiator, above the starter.

That is where mine is and it is working out well.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
About the only thing besides the actual horn is that inferior relay, the rest of the stuff needed to install is included in the kit from rynosback.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I had my horn go bad. with sticker time i had to get a horn. Look at M.S.S and got a 4" chrome. Thought to myself ok a 4" horn must be louder then a 2". Put it right where the stocker was. Now i have a little bling behind my radiator. :joke: Sounds good and passed inspection.

Dave

·
Radio Active Member
27,671 Posts
I have looked at a lot of electric horn and none of them have close to the db ratings that the Stebel does.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can I get some details on that relay. Is that a part I can buy at crappy tire? Does it replace something already on the horn itself? sorry for the questions but I am definitely no mechanic or electrician..... learning as I go!

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
The relay that comes with the stebel is not part of the horn itself. It takes power from the stock horn and a 12v source and sends power to the stebel. Other than that is has a ground, so it has four connections and they usually cost a couple bucks. I am still using the relay that came with my stebel but I have a spare in case this one bites the dust.

·
Radio Active Member
27,671 Posts
Can I get some details on that relay. Is that a part I can buy at crappy tire? Does it replace something already on the horn itself? sorry for the questions but I am definitely no mechanic or electrician..... learning as I go!
You can pick up the relay at your local auto parts store. You need it in the circut to have them both blow at the same time. It does not replace anything. I still have the relay in use that came with my horn. I have had no issues with it. PM sent.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Good choice on your next mod! I just completed mine last week with the Ryno harness. Pretty easy install. I used the stock relay and it works fine so far.

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
I've been running the stock relay for 3 1/2 years and aimlessly blow that Stebel every time I ride just for entertainment. :D Once you plug all the wires into the back of the relay, cover the entire back and connectors with clear silicone sealant and you're good to go. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Electrical isolation

I've been running the stock relay for 3 1/2 years and aimlessly blow that Stebel every time I ride just for entertainment. :D Once you plug all the wires into the back of the relay, cover the entire back and connectors with clear silicone sealant and you're good to go. :bigthumbsup:
Keeping the water (moisture) out of cheaper electrical parts can work wonders. Ask anyone else who's had a Jeep!:agree:

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Awesome. Picked up the Harness from Rynosback but now I gotta find a horn. Im thinking Ebay may be the least expensive... Shipping is always nasty to Canada.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Awesome. Picked up the Harness from Rynosback but now I gotta find a horn. Im thinking Ebay may be the least expensive... Shipping is always nasty to Canada.
If you haven't ordered yet, go to Amazon.com. Best prices and fast shipping. I got mine for $36 shipped.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Folks,

I ordered my horn from Ebay. It was 39 bucks or so, it should be here in a few days. I already received my Wiring harness from Rynosback but no instructions, does anyone know if there is a post that shows the install process for the side mount?

Excited to blast that horn at some driver soon!! :D:a20:

·
Radio Active Member
27,671 Posts
Hey Folks,

I ordered my horn from Ebay. It was 39 bucks or so, it should be here in a few days. I already received my Wiring harness from Rynosback but no instructions, does anyone know if there is a post that shows the install process for the side mount?

Excited to blast that horn at some driver soon!! :D:a20:
PM sent to you.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I just ordered one from DLP last night (Actually my wife did when I told her I was looking at them...what a great wife! :bigthumbsup:) Evidently I should of shopped around because I paid $54.95 plus the $7.50 s&h!

What is it you guys are talking about with the wiring harness? It says it includes the Free Deluxe Wiring Kit. Are you guys talking about the Plug-N-Play harness?

I read the reviews on the horn and people were saying they kept the stock horn connected with the Stebel. Said they thought it was alot louder. Hmmmm? :dontknow:

I see DLP has one with the NovaChrome plus the Plug-N-Play harness for $77.95. I wasn't really worried about the "better" chrome since I planned to mount it somewhere where it wouldn't be seen directly. Maybe I should of got that one just because it came with the Plug-N-Play harness. This thing can't be that hard to wire up, can it??? :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I just ordered one from DLP last night (Actually my wife did when I told her I was looking at them...what a great wife! :bigthumbsup:) Evidently I should of shopped around because I paid $54.95 plus the $7.50 s&h!

What is it you guys are talking about with the wiring harness? It says it includes the Free Deluxe Wiring Kit. Are you guys talking about the Plug-N-Play harness?

I read the reviews on the horn and people were saying they kept the stock horn connected with the Stebel. Said they thought it was alot louder. Hmmmm? :dontknow:

I see DLP has one with the NovaChrome plus the Plug-N-Play harness for $77.95. I wasn't really worried about the "better" chrome since I planned to mount it somewhere where it wouldn't be seen directly. Maybe I should of got that one just because it came with the Plug-N-Play harness. This thing can't be that hard to wire up, can it??? :dontknow:
The "wiring kit" that comes with the stebel is just wire and connectors. If you get the plug and play kit from Rynosback then it will take care of alot of headaches. I bought it and it only took me about 45 minutes to install my stebel, with the crap that was included with the stebel I would guess that it would have taken 3 hours or so and alot of head scratching on how to keep the stebel and the stock horn. The Rynosback kit runs both so if your stebel stops working you still have the stock horn in the loop. $42 well spent IMO.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts