M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,639 Posts
That is a stock tank sticker on the newer bikes, if you can't get dimensions or don't want to get them made, you can get them from a dealer or online. I took my tank badges off not long after getting the bike, and they were the large ones like you have. If you just want to take them off, warm them up either with a hair dryer or leave it out on a sunny day, then use fishing line or something similar behind them and kind of saw them off. The glue residue can be removed with a little WD40, Goo Gone, or even a little gasoline.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is a stock tank sticker on the newer bikes, if you can't get dimensions or don't want to get them made, you can get them from a dealer or online. I took my tank badges off not long after getting the bike, and they were the large ones like you have. If you just want to take them off, warm them up either with a hair dryer or leave it out on a sunny day, then use fishing line or something similar behind them and kind of saw them off. The glue residue can be removed with a little WD40, Goo Gone, or even a little gasoline.
yeah i know they will come off fairly easy and the reason i need the sizes is i will get stencils made and my painter will use them to paint the m109r badge on ... i already have the font and i guess i could guess the size but i would rather have the correct sizes ...

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,639 Posts
It's kind of a PITA, but you can try to scale it. I buy stuff from a local online auction, and they are terrible about not listing sizes of things. I pick out something in the picture that I know roughly the size, then compare it to the item I'm interested in. I can get pretty close like that. On smaller things they use a sticker that is 3/4" tall, so I can go by that a little.

It looks like the tank decal is roughly as long as the back of the filler cap hole to near the front of the bezel. That would give you the rough length. And it looks like the height is about 1/5 of the length. I know that's not exactly what you need, but you might get close. I've even used clear graph paper and laid over images to get a rough measurement.

·
Premium Member
2008 M109R
1 Posts
Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system Wheel

look at this guys bike .. the decal on the tank .. does anyone have this and can someone tell me what size it is please ? need the length and height ..
i'm getting my bike painted in the next few months and i want to do this instead of the big ugly badge i have on mine ...

thanks guys ...
Just purchased my 2022 M109R BOSS
I just did this as well I bought the decal off a suzuki website then had it cut in a black reflective vinyl.here are the sizes for you hope this helps.
Wood Font Measuring instrument Tape measure Ruler
Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank

Sleeve Font Wood Rectangle Asphalt

·
Registered
248 Posts
My 2013 tank had a white pinted strip from factory and I wanted off , so I had it painted solid red.
I put back on the original chrome / black lettering ensign and I added a carbon fiber look protector pad to the top of the tank . I think it looks killer .
In my opinion , I personally would not touch the factory vinyl decal just to replace it with another vinyl factory decal .

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i'm doing away with the bulky chrome intruder badge and having M109r painted in its place when i do a colour change .... a tank pad on our bikes is pointless because there is nothing rubs the tank in that area ... just my opinion ...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I find it ironic that someone would point out the non functional aspect of someone adding some bling to their bike (tank protector stickers) in a thread dedicated to cosmetic upgrades, specifically stickers.
there is a big difference between a tank pad and a painted badge .. a tank pad is meant to be practical and used for stopping scratches and a painted badge is bling .. i have never put a tank pad on for bling .. that's not to say i have never used a tank pad but when i did it was needed as a tank pad and not for looks ... on our bikes the tank is nearly flat and that is the first time i have seen one with a tank pad ...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts