M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had Murray of One Magic Touch Chroming apply the process to my stock plastic license plate bracket. It came out super nice! This is a nice option to debeavering and allows you to keep the stock turn signals and license plate spotlight. What do you think?

Check Murray out at http://www.onemagictouch.com/. He's great to work with and will definitely take care of you.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Not feelin it. If you like it that all that matters. What did it cost to have chromed?

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Not bad, so since it's plastic, what happens when it flexes?

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Not Good.

Stock black plastic or chrome...it doesn't matter. That license plate bracket piece is unsightly, and it takes away from the look of the 9 no matter what color it is. It is just too big and overpowering for the back end of the 9. The only thing that looks good being big on the back of a 9 is the rear tire. (JMHO) However, I realize we all have different tastes and styles. I would like to say that the price you paid to have it chromed was pretty reasonable. If you don't mind, can you give me the contact information to the place or guy who chromed it for you? I have a friend that has pieces on his 9 that he would like to get chromed very badly.

Thank you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Contact info is stated in the original post. Yes, we all enjoy different tastes. I absolutely love how the chrome blends in with the rest of the chrome on my bike. I also believe the stock look provides greater visibility to potential tailgaters. I am satisfied with it.

Stock black plastic or chrome...it doesn't matter. That license plate bracket piece is unsightly, and it takes away from the look of the 9 no matter what color it is. It is just too big and overpowering for the back end of the 9. The only thing that looks good being big on the back of a 9 is the rear tire. (JMHO) However, I realize we all have different tastes and styles. I would like to say that the price you paid to have it chromed was pretty reasonable. If you don't mind, can you give me the contact information to the place or guy who chromed it for you? I have a friend that has pieces on his 9 that he would like to get chromed very badly.

Thank you.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Nice chroming job. And yes, it is what you want on your bike, and that's all that matters. Enjoy your beast!!!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Not my style but the chrome came out nice. This chroming process looks like it would work on a lot of different items...thanks for getting the creative modding juices flowing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts