M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I did a search on debeavering and OMG !!

Anyone recommend a guide with plenty of pics?

Cheers Guys

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
If you look in that how to, you will see one picture with Lamont cutting it off with it still on the bike. If you look at the next picture, you will see where he has it showing after he cut it but the full piece is off the bike. Pull it off the bike before you cut it. It is 4 bolts and the back half of the fender with the beaver just comes right off. This makes it MUCH easier to cut, and file/clean up the plastic as well as mount the new bracket. Then just put the whole thing back on. :bigthumbsup:

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Hmmm, I was thinking a Sawzall. But thats just me.:joke:
If you are talking, on the bike, That would be like putting a bull in a china cabinet. If that saw saw was to get bound up, it might jerk around and take out the fender, ouch. I just used the hacksaw blade by itself and was slow and careful and it worked great. While still on the bike.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Hmmm, I was thinking a Sawzall. But thats just me.:joke:
Well, if it gets away from you, it could cause an awful mess with stuff that you really don't want cut. It takes only a couple of minutes at most to saw through the beaver by hand.

By the time you haul out the extension cord and get everything setup for the sawzall, you'd be done with the hand cut, not to mention that the sawblade by hand will produce a higher quality cut.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I used a open hacksaw to do mine. Just cut the underside of the fender from right to left. There is no need to remove the fender to make the cut. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Dremel makes quick clean work of it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
i used a cheap angle grinder with a cutoff wheel on it and it worked amazing even grinded down all the jagged edges of the plastic... good luck! not too hard of a job tho...

·
Banned
15,179 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
There was nothing to it. I used a blade off my hack saw and just held it in my hand. Cut very easy. I have how to pics as well from when I did mine.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I used a open hacksaw to do mine. Just cut the underside of the fender from right to left. There is no need to remove the fender to make the cut. Good luck.
True. But for the extra 2 minutes of removing the fender you can file down any residual plastic and take pride in it being done clean. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts