M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the unfortunate luck of finding a sand pile in the middle of an intersection. :edit: My front wheel slid out from under me and I laid it down. :redfaced: Got the tank fixed. Still looking for the air cleaner "Salad Bowl". :eek: I found an e-bay tail-light eliminator kit and here is the before, during and after picks.

The wiring for my particular kit turned out like this: (thanks for the tip to use the 9 volt to figure your hot on the LED signals)

License Plate Lamp--LED Black Wire to Black with White Stripe
LED Black with White Stripe to Grey Wire.

Right turn signal--LED Yellow Wire to Green Wire
LED Black Wire to Black Wire with White Stripe

Left turn signal--LED Yellow Wire to Black Wire
LED Black Wire to Black with White Stripe

The pictures are just the temporary to ensure everything worked correctly before splicing and heat shrinking.

Hope it helps if you are going to do the same thing. Looks way better I think.

Now I need to find the flasher to slow the flash speed of my signals. Any questions just drop a line.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
159 Posts
I installed the same fender eliminator kit with the same turn signals. Be careful during the daytime, because the turn signals are not that noticeable on sunny days. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I installed the same fender eliminator kit with the same turn signals. Be careful during the daytime, because the turn signals are not that noticeable on sunny days. :bigthumbsup:
I had this on my 9 as well...in my opinion the signal lights are trash. The lenses fell off and the lamps would not stay tight. Every time I tried to tighten them the stem pulled out of the fixture. Be very carefull if you do try to tighten them. I wound up removing the kit and returning to stock for now. LED strips are in the future.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts