M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is not a huge mode, but will it take away from the torque on the lower RPM range? I dont want to lose that torque. And after doing this mode wll i need to purchase a power commander? I know from working on cars more exhuast flow = less lower end but more power on the higher RPM. Are the m109Rs the same way?

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,090 Posts
No and No. :D

Just debaffling only adds sound. You still have the catalytic converter and SET in place so no additional flow is added, or if it is it's minimal. No Power Commander needed either.

Do a little search too, this gets asked a lot. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
349 Posts

Just debaffling only adds sound. You still have the catalytic converter and SET in place so no additional flow is added, or if it is it's minimal. No Power Commander needed either.

:agree:

·
Registered
34 Posts
:agree:.. . . before I did my custom exhaust I debaffled the stock with the 8 holes and drilled out the last 2 baffles as well....no loss of power whatsoever....just a bit more noise

·
Registered
448 Posts

:agree::agree::agree:

sound only

·
Registered
595 Posts
The catalytic converter and SET valve are still the bottleneck in the exhaust system after you drill out your baffles so this will have no effect whatsoever on engine performance, it only results in a moderate increase in sound level.

It still wont sound like an aftermarket exhaust but it is a bit more throaty then stock form. For the cost of a hole saw and 15 minutes of your time this mod is certainly worth it!! :bigthumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts