M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't get it, are there people on this website that bought the bike for it's look and capabilities, but are embarrassed that it is a Suzuki? I think the badging is subtle and classy. I can understand wanting a custom look by debadging the tank and removing stickers, etc., but it almost seems like some folks are trying to separate themselves from the manufacturer. Am I reading this wrong? It's like when I first joined the Navy and was stationed in Jacksonville, FL. Most guys were BSing at the bars that they were college students or whatever, not proud of being a sailor because of some bad attitudes of the locals. Never understood that. I got laid plenty just showing pride in what I was all about.

Was that analogy too much of a stretch?

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I was considering putting the badges back on after I painted my bike, but I think it just looks cleaner without them. If someone asks me what it is I immediately tell them it's a Suzuki, so no, I'm not ashamed, I'm proud of my bike! :doorag:

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
It's the exact opposite. At least for me. We're making them get closer so they can scratch their heads and ask us questions. It works. And for some of us, it just plain looks better.

·
Registered
243 Posts
bollert said:
It's like when I first joined the Navy and was stationed in Jacksonville, FL. Most guys were BSing at the bars that they were college students or whatever, not proud of being a sailor because of some bad attitudes of the locals. Never understood that. I got laid plenty just showing pride in what I was all about.

Was that analogy too much of a stretch?
Ah Ya... I think you would get a C minus with that analogy... I debadged. Number one reason... The badges, including the 109r sticker are cheap ass... Its a shame but true...Second reason, on the silver anyways, I think it looks cleaner and meaner without.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I am going to pull mine off because, it is easier to wax :) If you can't tell what this bike is at first glance, well...I am not sure I really care.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I tell tell them it's a DeLorean, the seat lifts sideways

·
Registered
119 Posts
While we're on the debadging subject...(Yes, I've debadged mine)
Has anyone done it to their other vehicle? (the car?)

I was looking at mine this a.m. and figured it would definitely look a lot cleaner without them...Jus' a thought :)

G

·
I too am proud of my zuk, but the tank badges where just too much for me, I wanted the paint to be more prominent than the badge. I have not removed any of other badges/tags.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yes, i think you are way off on that one. At least for me anyways. I debadged mine for the same reason spankster debadged his. The little Suzuki sticker that was on the back ended up on my helmet. Bike looks sharp without cheesy emblems and the Suzuki sticker is on the helmet so I don't get the "what is that" questions as much.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Yes LG, I like that pic. Michelle S. is my dream girl. :redfaced: I call America Thunder the Michelle show. My wife is jealous. She don't know yet but that pic will soon be my wallpaper. :bigthumbsup:

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Are you the same guy that started this stuff last time? Title of the thread is almost exactly the same. Which by the way, you can use the search feature and comment on the other thread if you're not the same guy.

Nobody is trying to hide the fact that the bike is a Suzuki! It's called customizing! If my bike has badges then it looks exactly like 95% of the other black 109's. You don't see badges on Big Dog choppers or Titan's or Confederate's bikes. Are they ashamed of their own bikes from the factory? Get real dude.

Sorry if this comes off sounding pissed, but it just sounds like a Harley guy coming over trying to justify getting raped off by HD for a bike that's half as good.

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
red1951man said:
Michelle S. is my dream girl. :redfaced: I call America Thunder the Michelle show.
WOOT! Yeah! :hot: :beer3: :beer2: :bow: :hot: The Michelle Smith Show! :hot: :beer3: :beer2: :bow: :hot:

·
Registered
205 Posts
The 109 is too distinct to be confused with anything else; so I don't think debadging has anything to do with an owner trying to hide the fact that it is a Suzuki. The pics of the debadged bikes all look very clean. I have not debadged mine as of yet...still trying to figure out what I want to so with graphics and if the badges will look good when it's all done.

·
Registered
40 Posts
my thought is that i paid alot of money for the bike to suzuki and the dealer and unless they are paying me to advertise for them they dont get the prime real estate on my bike. and yes my dealer put his own sticker on it as well (took that off too). Do it with all my cars too

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I like the clean look of a badgeless bike. I like seeing paint and chrome.

As far as pride in the manufacturer, I have one of these on my leather vest:

·
Registered
898 Posts
red1951man said:
Yes LG, I like that pic. Michelle S. is my dream girl.  :redfaced: I call America Thunder the Michelle show. My wife is jealous. She don't know yet but that pic will soon be my wallpaper. :bigthumbsup:
she's allright i would'nt be calling her a dreamgirl... i would have to set my sites a lot higher to constitute dream girl...

khrome

1 - 20 of 31 Posts