M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally used this close to 100 degree temperature for something worth while tonight. Figured everyone was saying leave it sit in the heat so I did. Badges came right off. Wish I could say the same for the two sided tape. Wish the paint stayed on the bike the way the tape does. No paint came off, but man that two sided tape did not want to come off at all. Took off the tank emblems and the side panel emblems. Nice look, I am happy with it. Now she is ready for the paint job this Winter. Just need mo money, mo money. :p :p

Got the Suzuki, Full cut Carbon look seat yesterday and it does sit you back a couple inches. Legs are more comfortable now. Still can't believe that for $200 you get both seats and gel. Fit and finish are not super quality, but not bad for $200. Just a note if you order this seat. In the catalog it looks thinner than it actually is. When it arrived I thought for sure I had the wrong seat. Checked the model number on the bottom of the seat and then checked my invoice and they were correct. Then checked the catalog pic and was certain it was the wrong seat. Contacted vendor and they assured me it was right. Then sent them a picture and then they told me that the picture is deceiving. Then contacted a member of this board who has the same seat and he told me he went through the same thing. One thing I didn't do was install the seat and try it out - DUH ! ! !. It really does sit you back. Took it for a ride tonight and everything is fine in hiney land.

·
Registered
243 Posts
thanks for the insight on the seat... I am thinking of getting them...

Does the new seat make your arms stretch even farther???

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
thanks. just got mine today and also thought i had the wrong seat. i felt the finish was pretty good. haven't took it for a ride yet...too hot today(100). will do tomarrow. another nice touch is the embroidered m109 on the back of the passenger seat.  :bigthumbsup: :super: :doorag:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Little more stretch, but not too bad. I have long arms so I'm cool with that. There was a small gap about 1/4" between the seat and the rear cowl, but I am told that it will compress with mileage. I ride solo so the passenger seat will sit in the bag until sold just like the stock one did. I really wanted to go with the Corbin, but just could not see spending the $500 and just getting the one seat. Love their seats, just not their prices.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Spankster said:
thanks for the insight on the seat... I am thinking of getting them...

Does the new seat make your arms stretch even farther???
you could always rotate your bars up a little. or buy the regular one, i believe the fullcut is for taller people...like me. :bigthumbsup: :super: :doorag:

·
Registered
898 Posts
ummm....   :nopic:
comparison photo... sit on the bike with stock and then the new ones to show the difference  :bigthumbsup:

khrome

·
Registered
48 Posts
OK, call me stupid or old and stupid.  But from these emails I can't seem to grasp how you take off the side badges!  Please help out and old rider with more details.  Did you use something to heat them up or some chemical that will not harm the paint or what.   Please help.  A great artist lives close to me, his motorcycle paint jobs are renowned but I can't approach him until I have the Silver beauty cleaned up from these ugly decals/badges
If you wish to just send me an email off net ([email protected]).

Thanks in advance,

PS does anyone know of a engine guard like the one on the Suzuki website that is in stock.  I need to put pegs on it to stretch my replaced hip for long rides. :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For the side badges grab a hair dryer and some dental floss....heat the badge left to right in a uniform pattern, making sure to not get one area too hot...then take about 12 inches of dental floss and wrap around your fingers, get the floss behind the badge and "saw" it up and down while applying pressure to the side, the floss may break a time or two but it's a relatively easy task with heat applied. Also, there will be some adhesive residue leftover. Grab some 3M Adhesive Remover and spray on the goop. Let it sit for a few minutes then take a rag and wipe off until all is gone. Make sure you apply a coat of wax when you get her all debadged. Hope this helps. :bigthumbsup:

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
shift-red said:
OK, call me stupid or old and stupid. But from these emails I can't seem to grasp how you take off the side badges!
Need to use the SEARCH tab up top of your page...

Either leave your bike outside in the sun for a few hours when it's 100+ degrees or simply go to your local hardware store and get the least expensive heat gun you can find (Milwaukee/Wagner about $25), set it to low, blast the critters from a distance of about 8-12 inches and they peel right off. Goo-Gone wipes up any leftovers with no harm done as long as you wipe the residue off with something clean and soft (NOT PAPER TOWELS!). Unless you want broken nails and bruised fingers, just get a heat gun. You could probably sell it to some retard on eBay for $100 when you're done with it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I used some Acetone on a white cotton towel and dabbed it on, let it soak in, dabbed some more, then rubbed with the towel. It started to ball up then rubbed off with my thumb. Then a good coat of paste wax and now the Silver bike is even faster than ever.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts