M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called Pete's cycle who has 3 locations in Maryland. The Severna Park location sells the m109 but does not allow test rides. Their Baltimore location allows test rides of the Triumph Rocket III and the Yamaha Roadliner but does not sell the Suzuki line there.

I am going up to Baltimore to try the 2 bikes out but still want to ride the 109 before I commit. Maybe another shop will ante up. I hate buying anything with out first hand experience.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I somewhat understand some dealers not allowing the rides but i also wouldn't buy a bike without riding it.
My Wife went on Ride last sept Brand new bike 2 miles away She hits Oil slick drops the bike
My insurance company paid for it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats the point if I damage it I pay for it. Whats the risk. Harley let me ride their stuff so I should have the same opportunity in the Suzuki

·
Registered
128 Posts
I do not believe its a Suzuki or specific Brand that doesn't allow
I think its going to be Diffrent dealerships and diffrent insurances

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
forceofnature said:
Thats the point if I damage it I pay for it. Whats the risk.  Harley let me ride their stuff so I should have the same opportunity in the Suzuki
Harley Dealers have a rental program.....you can rent almost any model! I don't ever recall seeing a Suzuki Dealer with any rental program!

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
I bought mine without riding it, didn't even ask if I could. I knew I want the bike and that was pretty much it. :D

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Lamonster said:
I bought mine without riding it, didn't even ask if I could. I knew I want the bike and that was pretty much it. :D
Ditto.....LOOKED, SAT,BOUGHT......all within 15 min. :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I have bought 4 bikes...I test drove (1) ,my second one back in the mid nineties...now I just research , look , sit , negotiate and buy it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I wish I could have gotten to test ride my first Road Star. I had been riding an Intruder 1400. I figured I'd give it to my wife and buy a Road Star with 1600 cc's. Faster right? Man that thing was a tank. Had good torqe but no ponies. My wife smoked me every chance she got. I spent a lot of time in her rear view mirrors. My new Roadie? That's a whole different animal! :D
www.hellrisercustoms.com/oychoppa

·
Registered
60 Posts
I didnt ride mine either i didnt even see it before i bought it. I called them up they told me they just pulled it off the truck i said put it together i will pick it up tomorrow and the rest is history.

·
Registered
817 Posts
bob109 said:
Harley Dealers have a rental program.....you can rent almost any model! I don't ever recall seeing a Suzuki Dealer with any rental program!
Not all Harley dealers have that rental program. The nearest dealer from here that rents is in St. Louis -- two hours away.

Guess I'm lucky though. The Big 4 mentric dealer near me lets me ride anything in the store I want to. Of course, they know that I'm a serious customer and not a joyrider.

·
Radio Active Member
27,665 Posts
forceofnature said:
I called Pete's cycle who has 3 locations in Maryland. The Severna Park location sells the m109 but does not allow test rides. Their Baltimore location allows test rides of the Triumph Rocket III and the Yamaha Roadliner but does not sell the Suzuki line there.Â

I am going up to Baltimore to try the 2 bikes out but still want to ride the 109 before I commit. Maybe another shop will ante up. I hate buying anything with out first hand experience.
Forceofnature, Pete's in Severna Park will let you ride it after you have signed all the papers and bought it, but he told me that if you returned back soon with I think 20 miles or less on it and you really don't like it that they would take it back. I can understand that, or every teenager would be down there beating the crap out of all the bikes. Cycle World in Baltimore, Md let me test ride the bike. There number is 410-574-6800, I delt with Fran Meyers there. He seemed like he knew what he was doing. But when the bike first came out, they would not deal on the bike. Good luck, if you need anything else let me know.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
forceofnature said:
Its not a Suzuki thing its weird that the dealer will allow tests of bikes from one location but not another.
yea that is about the same here some dealers will let you ride them some wont that is kind of funny how that works out

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
rynosback said:
Forceofnature, Pete's in Severna Park will let you ride it after you have signed all the papers and bought it, but he told me that if you returned back soon with I think 20 miles or less on it and you really don't like it that they would take it back. I can understand that, or every teenager would be down there beating the crap out of all the bikes. Cycle World in Baltimore, Md let me test ride the bike. There number is 410-574-6800, I delt with Fran Meyers there. He seemed like he knew what he was doing. But when the bike first came out, they would not deal on the bike. Good luck, if you need anything else let me know.
Thanks for the information. I will give them a call.

My neighbor looked at the bike yesterday at Atlantic Cycle and if I do get one we may be in luck. First thing we will work on is Forward Controls on then the painted cast metal support structure is in need of nice shiny billet aluminum. As stated before I can only have one bike here so Buell still has to go. Just awaiting reply from a couple of people to see if they are really interested.

On another note I did ride the Rocket III and Yamaha Roadliner. Triumph was great has lots of power but the Yamaha seemed a better fit for me I has that baby at 80 mph on 695 and at one exit was drifting so had to slow down a bit. Must have been the oil and diesel fuel at the exit. Since the seat height on the m109 is about .5 inches lower than the Roadliner it will work out real well.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would advise you to plan on going to a big bike event where they give demo rides. I was hot on the Vrod, but wanted to test it out before I shot my wad. I rode it at Daytona in '05 and I hated the riding position. I did not feel in control in city traffic with my feet stretched way out there. So I waited another year to try some more. I'm glad I did because I like everything about the 109, except for the fact that I ordered it on 4/25 and it's still not here.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Call the Bel Air store and talk to Jerry. They have a silver left there and may be willing to give you a ride. I also know that Cycle World has a silver one and can get a blue one. I just bought a black one from Gary Elmore in the Baltimore store today.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Lamonster said:
Same here, I did not even get to sit on one before I bought just looked at it and knew I had to have it.
the one they had on the floor was sold and the new owner did not want anyone sitting on it deposits on the other two so the first
one I sat on was mine.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts