M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the facts of life concerning dealer service departments. I work at a dealership the sells Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki and Yamaha motorcycles and ATV's. You can not imagine how hard it is to keep up with all the technical bulletins that we get in. Most dealers have a set up guy that preps the bikes for delivery to the customer, he checks oil, fills vehicle with gas, charges the battery, drains fuel system, check collant,etc starts the bike and cleans it up. Technician then fills out pre delivery form and checks things over before he delivers bike to the customer. Prior to this we have one man that removers crate and assembles the vehicles and checks for any shipping damage, they are then stored in warehouse until needed on the sales floor. We all take great pride in our work and do out very best to deliver a completely preped vehicle to the customer. We are all aware of the M109R oil filling procedure and tell all purchasers to read the owner manual concerning checking oil in the bike and at that time go over it with the new owner. We have had 1 overfilled M109R, due to customer having a brain fart and adding oil to cold engine. During first service we change oil, oil filter, rear end oil and check torque on front and rear axles, handlebars, switches and engine mounts, check brakes for proper operation (not just M109R but ALL vehicles). In short if you get an overfilled M109R from us it did not happen at the dealership, you had to add the oil. The M109R is a fantastic cruiser with massive power, great brakes and very good handling, enjoy it and do not add oil to a cold engine. Tell your Harley friends to bring ther stock bikes and money to the drag strip. Stock bike against stock bike the M109R will simply smoke any other V twin cruiser around.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
sidebusa said:
In short if you get an overfilled M109R from us it did not happen at the dealership, you had to add the oil.
You must be talking specifically about your dealership cause there are too many people that have had this problem, and I doubt they have all been adding oil to their bikes.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Definitely not talking about the dealership I went too. ::)
Overfilled by a complete quart. No oil added what so ever. Only removed.
Aside from the extra oil, turn signals were loose, along with the handles bars.
Good thing I have a good relationship with the dealership, I let them know ASAP about the sitution so that their "technician" could get handled.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
My dealer sells all of those too. Their service still sucks like a Hoover right out of the box. 11 days and counting to replace my clutch? :verymad: :verymad: :yikes: :yikes:
I call all the time, I never got a call back. The service phone has been set to "sorry we are all too busy to talk now" since Thursday. I doesnt even ring. It goes straight to voice mail. Nobody was on the phone this afternoon as that message played in my ear through my phone while walking through the service dept. :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad:
I really cant tell if it is incompetence or they just flat out dont care.
If you EVER get them on the phone... Just that second they are working on it. Riiiiiiiiiiiiight! :realmad:

Sorry to hear you feel there is so much to keep track of. I have done worse and I bet many others are busier with more details to keep track of than you have. Your manager should have a better system in place to keep you updated.

I cant wait to order/get a manual to do most of this myself.

Maybe your dealer is better. I hope so. I have seen the full range from crooks to superstars in auto service departments. I always go back to the stars. I am willing to pay a little more there and I buy next time from them.
This will be no different fo me going forward. If my bike were to break down in front of their dealer (as if I will ever get it back) I would call AAA and take it to the next dealer.
Sorry Sidebusa but I had to get this out... WHEW. Do yourself a favor. If you care, work at a place that cares. in the end it will be much better for your carreer.

I escaped my hell. you can too.

Sledzep

PS Update is that they had all the poarts but had to order more plates because the ones that arrived were off by whatever there micrometer told them. I was already warned that "HE" has tomorrow off... But he told them to make it a priority. Odds are I may get my bike Friday at this rate.

G

·
Yep,,have to agree,,dealers suck!.....he s ,without a doubt ,,not talking about my stealer I bought my bike from.... :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sledzep01,

I cannot grasp new clutch plates that are wrong thickness, perhaps they did not order from a mnufacturer but after market parts. We do not usually check new plates with a mic but do check stack height of the entire clutch pack and have NEVER found them to be out of range. I drag race a Hayabusa and most Hayabusa riders use stock Suzuki clutch plates as they last as long or longer than the after market ones. Good luck with your dealer, remember the squeky wheel gets the grease so just bitch a bit to the dealership owner.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Finally ready today. I just got the call.
It was covered under warranty so I imagine they were Suzuki parts.
And yeah I doubted what he sai about the parts. I have been squeeking for 12 days... That was probably just an excuse to cover for not having it done.

He also said "Stay off those internets" they are no good, always wrong. those chat groups are notorious for bad info and the "web things" are just as bad :D :D
He has no clue really.

:yikes: :yikes: As a favor they changed my oil, like they didnt have to drain it to do this anyway.
Now I have to pray it is not overfilled.... :yikes: :yikes:

·
Registered
426 Posts
"stay off the net" my $ss. If it weren't for this forum, I'd already been back dropping my bike off to them waiting to see why my bike was puking oil. I called and they said they haven't heard of that with these bikes. So i drained & refilled myself without any down time. Of COURSE they don't want you here, you may get informed. Some things will be bogus, but by using the laws of averages you can certainly get to the truth here.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Yeah, I have been back to them to show the manager the scratch they put on. He is ordering a heat shield...
I am glad they did not argue, but I cant understand why they just order the stuff when their people mess up instead of fixing the people???

So now I am waiting on....
Tach cover Since day 1 (7 weeks!!!)
Speedo cover 2 weeks
Heat shield 4 hrs :D

I am hoping they let me install my own parts or atleast watch...

Sledzep

G

·
Stay off the net?Their just jealous cause they dont have a clue and we do....Makes them feel pretty stupid when you know more about the bike then them....... :bigthumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts