M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a call from my local dealer today. They wanted to know if I still had my 9. Of course! They also mentioned that the dealer is looking to expand their used stock and have great incentives right now including something like $3k rebates for getting onto a new bike.

Has anyone ever heard of this before/done it? I am sure why the dealership would want to expand their used stock in the first place. I am fairly certain it is just a ploy to get sales of new bikes up. Anyone ever talked to a dealership on this?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Sales ploy the stealer throwing you a sucker bait.dont let him real you in.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sales ploy the stealer throwing you a sucker bait.dont let him real you in.:bigthumbsup:
I figured as much. They had an open house on Saturday that was suppose to be a big sales pitch to renew your ride. I guess it didn't go over so well. Two huge dealerships near me have went under in the past year. I think these guys are just trying to keep their heads above water.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
My buddy is the service mgr at my local dealer. That is an old dealer trick to get you in and talk you into a new bike. They will offer you next to nothing on your trade but try and baffle you with low interest rates or accessory packages. It's all about them. As for used they could care less about their stock of used bikes. In most cases it works out cheaper to buy new from a dealer in the long run. Used is only a good deal when you buy private owned.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Want to expand our used stock = want to get you in and reduce their new stock. :D

G

·
I used to work at a dealership and it was common practice when sales were slow to go through the books and find customers from earlier sales and get them in to try and get them to buy a new bike. If you are thinking of getting a new bike, remember, they're the ones who are desperate right now. Use it to your advantage. Decide what you want, your bike and some much money out the door and stick too it. Walk if they don't give it to you. They will call again with a better deal. Hold out for what you want and eventually you'll get close. Put it all on them, control they deal, make them say yes or no to you and your deal. Including any extras like accessories and maintenence contracts.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Talk is free! You never know, might get a hell of a deal the way things are.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
My problem would be what the heck are you gonna trade up to? We already got the best of the best.:dontknow:

I love my M109R but the thought of a C109RT or C109R with a fairing and some nice hard bags and a trunk would be good.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I used to work at a dealership and it was common practice when sales were slow to go through the books and find customers from earlier sales and get them in to try and get them to buy a new bike. If you are thinking of getting a new bike, remember, they're the ones who are desperate right now. Use it to your advantage. Decide what you want, your bike and some much money out the door and stick too it. Walk if they don't give it to you. They will call again with a better deal. Hold out for what you want and eventually you'll get close. Put it all on them, control they deal, make them say yes or no to you and your deal. Including any extras like accessories and maintenence contracts.
:agree: talks cheep they called you go in tell them this is what it is going to take and it is a simpole yes or no on there part I mean who cares they called you so I`m guessing you were not in the market anyway right so if you have to keep your 9 O WELL good for you if they shoot you a deal you can`t refuse hell thats great too it can be a win...win for ya

It could be too that they have someone that has come to them looking for a 9 like yours too and if they can talk you into buying a new bike and then already haveing a buyer for you 9 they SCORE!!! Good Luck Bro!!:bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,086 Posts
Realtors do the same thing. They mail you an invitation to have a free appraisal done on your home, when what they really want to do is sell you another one.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
well yeah.........new bike sales are down around 70%.....dealers closing doors all over the sates.
scooter sales are up

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
As long as you figure YOUR numbers out and don't budge you won't get hurt. Just don't let the dealer tell you what the deal is, you tell them. I love the art of walking away, it pisses em off so bad. Thats why I ended up buying from a private party. But that dealership that I test rode 2 different bikes at still calls to see if I am looking. I just laugh and say "maybe, but not for the prices you are asking!"

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am not in the market for a new bike right now. I have a good amount of mods done so the bike is finally how I want it. Note that many of the mods done are on my bike are already done on the 2010's. I figured I'd go BS with them for a bit. I would only trade in for another 9 at this point. Nothing else that turns my gears. If I sucker them into a good deal for me, then maybe. If not, oh well. I still have my baby.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
If they had any new stock to begin with....There showroom floor is bare. Too many dang four wheelers and scooters...
Could be that they don't have any bikes on the floor, and want something out there. They certainly don't have any 2010 model suzuki's thats for sure. So maybe they just want to have something there if someone walks in. They make money on either end of a transaction, one way or the other.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Could be that they don't have any bikes on the floor, and want something out there. They certainly don't have any 2010 model suzuki's thats for sure. So maybe they just want to have something there if someone walks in. They make money on either end of a transaction, one way or the other.
It seems a bit odd, because this local dealer I am going to talk with and one that just closed are owned by the same powersports group. I would think the one dealer would just absorb any stock it could from the other one.

edit: Ha! I just tried to go to the closed powersports website and it directed me to my dealer's site...fun.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts