M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stock horn just stopped working. A Stebel is ordered and on the way. I was just thinking that I should probably check to make sure it's the horn that went bad and not a problem with the switch. What's the easiest way to access the horn terminals so I can make sure it's getting 12V when the button is pressed?
Also, since the bike only has 2700 miles on it, I'm surprised the horn is dead already. Has failure of the stock horn been an issue?

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Did you check your fuse block under the seat just to make sure one is not blown? If it is you have a short somewhere in the wiring. If not then maybe you just use the horn to much! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Fuse #4 in the fuse box. If your brake lights are working then the fuse is good(horn, front/rear brake switch are fed by fuse #4). Could be your horn switch too. If fuse is good, then the connection to the horn should be checked, as well as the voltage at the horn.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fuse is ok....thanks for the suggestion. I've only had the bike for about 2 months now and have probably used the horn less than 10 times. Maybe the previous owner beeped the horn alot.:dontknow:

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Fuse is ok....thanks for the suggestion. I've only had the bike for about 2 months now and have probably used the horn less than 10 times. Maybe the previous owner beeped the horn alot.:dontknow:
Since you have only used your horn "less than 10 times," maybe the previous owner had one of those "New Garage Openers" that work with your horn switch.

http://wimp.com/garageopener/

:joke::joke:

Good Luck with pin-pointing the cause.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
My horn died on my bike about a month ago. Replaced it with a 4" chrome horn.
Just a little louder then the 2". I don't have the plastic in the front so it was easy to get to the horn. All i did was take the three bolts off the radiator and pull it away from the frame. Block it so you can reach in and unplug it or take it off. Don't put a hole in the radiator.

Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts