M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when u take this off what do u use for a tag light I got pulled over for not having a tag light I have been looking at pics ANd i didn't see any kind of lights being used:dontknow:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I looked for something like that I guess just not hard enough. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
284 Posts
cycle gear

cycle gear has some lights like those for around 16 bucks, I put em on my truck with a roll pan and they are sweet, they are out on northwest expressway just east of may ave

·
Radio Active Member
22,679 Posts
I went to Auto Zone and bought a pair of LED windshield washer nozzles. Not sure why anyone would want LED's in their windshield washers, but they make them. I mounted these in the plastic fender above the plate and they worked great. They have a hollow stem and you just drill a hole in the plastic panel and stick them through it.

I now have a license plate with LED's across the top of it. Nice and clean and well lit. I got mine off ebay but it's sold by Custom Dynamics. I have the chrome one and it has 6 LED's across the top.

http://www.customdynamics.com/illuminatorz_licence_plates.htm#Billet LED License Plate Frame

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Heyeyey , I also got the windshield washers jets with lights ,at Wallmart,
only thing is I put some locktite on bolts, and after an hour
I found both bolts on the floor , the little windshield washer jets
are made of plastic and the locktite melted the plastic jets
and a part fell off with bolts , so I epoxy glued the remaining
plastic part under the fender over the plate...:redfaced:

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I got a LED white pod and wired into the plate light wire and mounted it over the tag. Been working great for over 2 years. Cost was about $12.50 and got 2 for that price. This is what I used with white light, got at a local store.

http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=7712&str=290
these are what i use too I have one stuck to the bottom of my left fender strut and it shines down on my side mount plate!! works good too if you click on the pic it will blow up for you and if you look right where the fender and the crome fender strut meet you can see the bulge underneith the strut that is the led light!!!

G

·
I epoxied a LED under the tail section to the underside of the break light. Didn't go with the licence plate bolt LED only as I'll change my plates soon and didn't want to fool with removing them/wires/ or adding quick disconnects, and wanted an option that was "hidden".....just wired this inline where the factory light went...works frigging great....

·
Registered
960 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts