M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my 90 and looking to get rid of that the tail section to show off the rear tire.

What are some options Turn signals plate mounting etc.
Show some pics and list what products you bought.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
made my own plate with 20 guage aluminum sheet metal from home depot
(If i recall correctly)

use led pod to light up the plate or led license plate bolts
i'll prob cost you like 45$ for everything, sheet metal, leds strips, led pod / license plate bolt leds

changed my turn signals 3 times .. this is my current set up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_rdc=1&item=400096260754&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp3907.m38.l1313%26_nkw%3D400096260754%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&viewitem=

use the search function and ull find some more options ;)

·
Registered
608 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I bought hyperbright LEDs off ebay (two orange and 1 white for plate light) for 15 bucks and cut off the Tail Section and left a small lip for The LEDs to be placed on. Then i temporarily bent and old license plate and bolted it up to the supplied bolts, which i changed out with some at the house to make them a 1/2 longer bolt. The old license plate is to hold the temporary paper plate until i get a chance to get the piece of scrap aluminum i need to finish it. I am going to use a piece of aluminum and bend it like the one i bought for 150 bucks off raw designs for the M109. After i got the kit i figured i could do that easily so thats what i did for the girlfriends M90. It works great, total cost 25 bucks and very simple to do at home!! The LEDs are waterproof and shock resistant, no problems at all. i did also have the leds that went under the solo cover but they were not bright enough and the stupid wire keeps breaking because is barely thicker than a hair!! This set up is perfect, I didnt use a resistor either and it doesnt flash that fast, its actually just the way i prefer it.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IXM - That is a very nice set up. Do you have any vids of the turn signals during the day?

I think I am going to go with they way you mounted the plate or mount the plate to the swingarm and then a smoked integrated tail light.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
sorry no day video of turn signals.. it'll be awhile before i can get that for ya..
i like the side mounted license plate you should do it =) i thought about it.. but it would cover my my awesome painted hub lol.

·
Registered
45 Posts
IXM - That is a very nice set up. Do you have any vids of the turn signals during the day?

I think I am going to go with they way you mounted the plate or mount the plate to the swingarm and then a smoked integrated tail light.
I did that same mod with the leds under the solo cover and you cannot see them in the daylight at all if you not looking of them. I did have those hooked up with the LEDs on the tail section at the same time and at night it looked really good. But for safety reasons, we ended up putting a set of the leds on the cut tail section. The side mount plate would look really good, not doubt

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For now I de beavered it using the stock plastic and tail lights. Just used the dremmel on the stock plastic drilled a few new holes, added some aluminum had laying around the house for re enforcement and have a free de beavered 90. Will post some pics soon.

Going to have to wait until they make a integrated tail light for the 90, and then do the side mount

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I used the Baron's Stealth License Plate kit for the M109. I just had to drill a couple of mounting holes to match the M90
I'm looking at getting this so I can retain the stock signals...The negative feedback RAW Design has gotten turned me off from buying anything from them.

Was it simple to install and where does it mount up to (after you drilled the holes)?

·
Registered
608 Posts
I'm looking at getting this so I can retain the stock signals...The negative feedback RAW Design has gotten turned me off from buying anything from them.

Was it simple to install and where does it mount up to (after you drilled the holes)?
Yes - it was pretty easy to install. After cutting the wishbone-shaped brace off and grinding the cross brace level, I just put the bracket up against the cross brace and marked where the holes should be. I think the size of the bolt I used was M6 x 40 and I used some washers as spacers to get the plate bracket at the angle I wanted.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts