M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got around to de-beavering my '07 LE. Right now I am installing a custom license plate bracket to the two stock bolts everyone uses to mount the bracket. I marked and drilled the bracket to match the two holes centering the holes on the bracket. When I installed the bracket it was not aligned center of my rear tire. It needed to go to the right about 3/8". I decided to cut a slot (instead of holes)to be able to adjust the lateral position.
Now, I can align the plate with the tire but, guess what? It's not aligned with the fender.:edit:
I never noticed before that the fender was not aligned exactly with the tire. Something is going to have to give! If I can't get everything to line up I'll have to go seek counceling.

Anyone know any good counselors?
Seriously...anyone have any alignment issues like this?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Same here. I just centered it to the bike. It's maybe a 1/4 off center on the tire.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Me too! Had to move mine to the right to center with the tire. I have seen other 9,s with this issue. :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
When I de-beavered my M90 I had the same issue, but after looking everything over a 10th time I realized I reinstalled the tail ****eyed. Once I had the tail adjusted everything lined up.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Mine is offset for sure, I noticed it when taking the tiny screws off under the fender, the right side had to use a stubby screwdriver, the left straight shot up with longer one. dont know why this is. im running a 250

1 - 6 of 6 Posts