M109 Rider Forums banner
81 - 100 of 315 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
My dealer tried to sell me a bike [orange] too slow with a set of roadhouse pipes on it and it was new. I bought a fast one [yellow] with the stock pipes. I now have a raw shorty and can put the stocker back on if I need to. Look in the manual It says it is illeagle to modify the parts that effect sound levels. My guess is it will depend on your dealer and what goes wrong.

·
Registered
93 Posts
My dealer tried to sell me a bike [orange] too slow with a set of roadhouse pipes on it and it was new. I bought a fast one [yellow] with the stock pipes. I now have a raw shorty and can put the stocker back on if I need to. Look in the manual It says it is illeagle to modify the parts that effect sound levels. My guess is it will depend on your dealer and what goes wrong.
The only reason I ask is that I got a 4 year warranty and if it is going to void that then im not doing it. It cost a chunk of change to get it. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
3 Posts
New c109r, need help

Hello all, just purchased a new c109r and i want to debaffle the pipes. Has anyone done this to their c109r ? How many walls is there, what tools do i use and how should i do it. I live in Hagerstown md and i'm willing to travel some if anybody is willing to help me. I really dont want to screw this up. Wife is like DONT YOU DARE DO THIS, IM LIKE Riiiiiiiiiight honey. Thanks all

·
Registered
15 Posts
De-baffle exhaust

Thanks..... I purchased my M109 a week ago and I'm so glad there is a webpage like this, doing the debaffle of my bike was so easy following the steps you all log here. I'll keep checking the "How to, step by step" board to see what else I can do to my M109R....

Once again ... Thank you ALL..!!!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Has anyone experienced problems getting their Nine passed during vehicle inspections (realizing inspections vary from state to state)?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Has anyone experienced problems getting their Nine passed during vehicle inspections (realizing inspections vary from state to state)?
good question

·
Registered
448 Posts
I gutted mine it sounds way better I posted a vid but it is very pepy now with the atre mod and the gutted exhaust it keeps up with my buddys gsxr 750

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Drilled out the 2 baffles, tested it. Wanted it a little louder so I drilled 4 1/2" holes in each pipe. Took it for a blast, sounds just right....If I can do it, anyone can. :bigthumbsup: All 4 baffles came out in the holesaw.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Mine just passed the other day with flying colors and i hae off road spot lights for head lights. One low beam and the other high beam. lol

·
Registered
310 Posts
Just got my first M109R. I have been wanting this bike since 2006. My question is Will this void my warranty?
pick up an extra set of stock pipes and stick em in the garage...if you ever have a warranty issue, change them. you can usually get stock pipes for pretty cheap if you keep your eyes open.

·
Registered
194 Posts
:a18: Great video, I will be doing this ASAP.

thanks, it helps making this decision easier.

bdk

·
Registered
927 Posts
Just went to pick up parts for this at lowes..and they only had 10 inch ext....would that work for two baffles?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm considering doing this mod this weekend. We shall see if I do and if I like it. I'm not much of a mechanic so I've got to keep this thread up for pointers.

To those of you who have done this and posted about it...THANKS for all the info!

·
Registered
571 Posts
I think there needs to be an official clarification of terms. Drilling out baffles VS Debaffling. I believe that I have debaffled my exhaust (see attached pic). Prior to debaffling I had done several versions of drilling out the baffles. In the pic the hole you see is were the primary enters the muffler, my cat and crossover are intact, otherwise it is a straight pipe.
If you want LOUD and deep sound especially when you get on it, then you need to debaffle. At idle, it sounds good, and the neighbors are not going to linch you, but if you snap the throttle or get on it under load this thing flat rours. When I start it next to cars with alarms, it sets them off.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Been saying it for years. Four years later and every body finely caught on. And yes its a nice deep sound.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Yeah I gutted mine out bc I did the baffle and then the four then 8 holes It wasn't what I was looking for the I decided to gut it but the 08 models have I different baffle system and it was a PITA to do but after talking to a couple guys I used I air hammer with a chisel and got it all out finally

·
Registered
53 Posts
So I drilled out the first 2 pair of baffles . I havent drilled the 1/2 inch holes yet . Its a huge improvement but maybe Im lookin for just a *little* more . I am considering drilling out the 3rd baffle ( last pair ) before I do any drilling of the 1/2 inch holes . Any sound to be gained from the last baffle removal ?

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
This post here is for de-baffle not drill. We rip the baffles right out.

81 - 100 of 315 Posts