M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Anybody out there with a ddmtuning HID kit had there light go out? I had my kit on for 3 days and it went out on me last night. Good thing it was reasonably close to home and I had my running lights hooked up!

I have the 55W 6000k Hi/Lo kit. I haven't had time to look at it yet but I called ddm and they seem to think it is a bad ballast since the Hi/lo function still works and I cant hear the ballast humming. The tech line was very helpful and friendly and they do carry a lifetime warranty. However we 9 owners only have 1 headlight. They said if I have another go bad I can return the kit and receive a full refund.

Has anybody else had these problems? If another goes out I'm done with these. The brightness rocks but I'll take reliability anyday.

·
Registered
319 Posts
i have the same kit in 8000k and two kits on my busa with over 20k miles on them no problems at all :dontknow:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,945 Posts
I just got a kit from them yesterday, so I hope it's random. I'm going to swap the bulb on mine and put a full kit on my wife's bike. This kit has gotten nothing but good reviews every time I've read about it.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Just put the 6000K 55 watt system in my bike yesterday. Some frickin bright I tell ya. I read everything I could and it got great reviews. Yes, it is good to hear their customer service is good.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I am a big fan of DDM products. Really like their HID kits which I installed on my BMW 540iT. I am planning on installing the same kit you did on my 9. Let us know what happens!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts