23,141 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
What light did you order from DDM? Do you have a link? The link in the other thread doesn't work anymore. Thanks.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,743 Posts

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,141 Posts
No instructions in the box??????. Does the metal cover/case, that is over the bulb, stay on it like it comes after the install is complete?
The metal cover stays on if you got the high/low kit with the single bulb. They also make one that has a halogen bulb mounted beside the HID bulb.

The metal shield is what gives you the high/low beam function. The bulb moves forward inside the shield for low beam and pulls back outside the shield for high beam.

They sometimes ship with a plastic cover over the bulb, but it's obvious that it's a cover.

And you need to take the bulb apart to put it in, which I think the online instructions show. You will see two dots on one part of the housing and another dot on the other half, twist until the dots line up and pull the bulb apart. Put the bulb in the headlight, replace the clip, then put the rubber cover back in place. Now put the two pieces back together. I mention this because I was stupid and cut the rubber shield so it would go over the bulb, then taped it back together.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,141 Posts
I've been on DDM's site and I don't see it. I click HID and it takes me there but there are only six options None of them mention that it is the full set. Do you have a link from where you ordered them? Thanks.:bigthumbsup:

This is the only thing I see
http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-D1SR-35W
but it's 35W and doesn't say Hi/low...

Is this it???
http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Apexcone-Raptor-HID-Kit
If it is... what did you put int the boxes? Bulb? Harness?
Ben, it's the last one, the one that says Raptor. All the boxes have drop downs. Pick the wattage in the first, the 35 watt works fine but get the 55 watt if you want. Drop down the Bulb Type box and select H4 Hi/Low (+$20), the pick the color you want. That's the only options you need to pick. 3500-5000K is white, anything above that adds some blue. The one you saw on mine last was an 8000K, but when I went to the DDM I went with the 5000K.

These have a full size ballast which is a little thicker than the digital ballast, but still mounts easily on top of the headlight right in the front of the nacelle. That additional harness is only needed if you want to mount the kit on two separate bikes. As it is, you have a full kit for a bike plus an additional bulb and ballast.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ben, it's the last one, the one that says Raptor. All the boxes have drop downs. Pick the wattage in the first, the 35 watt works fine but get the 55 watt if you want. Drop down the Bulb Type box and select H4 Hi/Low (+$20), the pick the color you want. That's the only options you need to pick. 3500-5000K is white, anything above that adds some blue. The one you saw on mine last was an 8000K, but when I went to the DDM I went with the 5000K.

These have a full size ballast which is a little thicker than the digital ballast, but still mounts easily on top of the headlight right in the front of the nacelle. That additional harness is only needed if you want to mount the kit on two separate bikes. As it is, you have a full kit for a bike plus an additional bulb and ballast.
Thanks Zoom, I couldn't get back on until this morning...I didn't mean to leave buddy hanging that long!! We installed BPaige's light last night, along with some red LEDs, and it is seriously bright! It's like you're looking into a welder's beam...haven't had a chance to ride it yet to see how it looks, there's still a LOT of gravel on the roads here from the snow. I had to ride mine yesterday to get it home from the shop and it was pretty important to stay in the tracks of other cars...might wind up throwing it in the ditch if I rode like I wanted to.

The kit wasn't bad to install...had to extend the power wires, and it was a PAIN putting the headlight back together with all the new wires and hardware in there with it. But we finally moved it around and got it put back together. I'm really excited to see how it changes our night riding...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Zoom, I couldn't get back on until this morning...I didn't mean to leave buddy hanging that long!! We installed BPaige's light last night, along with some red LEDs, and it is seriously bright! It's like you're looking into a welder's beam...haven't had a chance to ride it yet to see how it looks, there's still a LOT of gravel on the roads here from the snow. I had to ride mine yesterday to get it home from the shop and it was pretty important to stay in the tracks of other cars...might wind up throwing it in the ditch if I rode like I wanted to.

The kit wasn't bad to install...had to extend the power wires, and it was a PAIN putting the headlight back together with all the new wires and hardware in there with it. But we finally moved it around and got it put back together. I'm really excited to see how it changes our night riding...
Thanks for the helping hand buddy. Yours is next!!:eek::2excited:

·
Registered
4,743 Posts

Thanks Guys!! I'll look more at it when I get back in town next week. Thanks for the tip.:bigthumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts