M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is JR Jr. The kid can ride. ITGuy is next to him. He promises to show no mercy to JR Jr.

Something about a young girl who feels the need for speed. She was running a little of JR's nitromethane.

Perry getting ready to race a Triumph. I understand the score is now M109 ZERO to Rocket TWO.

Perry and the Mrs.

Couldn't focus fast enough to do any better. I am not sure who these are.

Some ******** stopped by.

This M109 was there racing but I don't believe he came from this board.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
J R said:
The Rocket made sure he didnt race MY Bike ::) .I woud have gladly ran the bike.He was asking about my bike to everyone else and how it ran ::) ::) ::) but When Perry told him I get him by at least 10 bike lengths in the 1/4 ( thanks Perry )all of a sudden he had to leave and wasent gonna race anymore ::) Funny the guy talked to everyone about me and my bike and how it ran but me ::) Also funny the guy never ever waited on the green freakin light to take off most of the time and had to try and cheat to get that half bike leghth he got on the 109.The bike runs close with SOME 109,s for sure and pulls it just and i mean just barley on the top end.Or should I say the ones he picked to run....I was right there but nobody seemed to talk to much to me about racing.I just ended up having alot of fun watching and teaching my boy trying to help him to be better down the road riding behind him and beside him and a few in front of him just for fun.Had a good time with my boy and the rest of the gang :bigthumbsup: A good time was had by all it was alot of fun.The street brawls late into the night thrusday night where very fun and where I enjoyed myself most :evil:
Oh that is funny!!! I am sure he is on the rocket boards talking about how he beat ALL the 109s :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gentlemen

Allow me to introduce myself, I am "hombre" from the R3Owners.com forum. I've very much enjoyed reading your members' posts. All of you seem very enthusiastic about drag racing your bikes. Can you believe that some R3 members 'dis' me for drag racing? Go figure...

Anyway, I own a modified Triumph Rocket, naturally aspirated, and would be very interested in challenging "J R" to a 1/4 mile drag race. He would seem to be your fastest naturally aspirated member, yes? I'm in Virginia, and don't get down to Florida anymore, but we could stage a fantastic "meet" somewhere, wherein members of both forums could socialize in friendship, and race. There are many sanctioned 1/4 mile tracks in the South, with proper staging lights, that would welcome this event. Sound interesting?

Best regards,
hombre

·
Registered
13 Posts
I wasn't there but looking @ the 6th & 7th pictures
the tree light green on both pictures, the yellow line must have
been the starting line.... judging from ATV photo's their lights GREEN !!!
and where they are on track
Looking @ where the zuk AND rocket are on track pass the yellow line... and
the lights green .
Personally I see No cheating of course that's  just investigating a pictured view
and just  my opinion.
No need to get up set its just racing, no one said you cheated :bigthumbsup:

wayne

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
There were a couple of younger guys in Nashville when I joined ITGuy & Bullyvard there on a wicked fast 4-wheeler. They were having some carb issues at first and were finally getting it going better just before I left. I left them with one of my cheapo flat blade screwdrivers so they could continue with adjustments after I left.

They were originally from Miami and had hit 6.5 seconds in the 1/4 mile time on their 4-wheeler there. I know in Nashville that night they had hit a couple low to mid 7s...trying to get it dialed in on a new form of fuel. Not sure what it was, maybe ITGuy will remember...but it sure stunk. :)

Man.that thing was fast. Oh, btw, my first race down the track there I got skunked by a 4-wheeler.

·
Registered
3 Posts
JR, Im the big ass you speak of that had a couple of friendly races with 2 of your members. i dont know what was said and will not get into a big discussion with you, but i feel i should at least set the record straight as i live in fla and we may meet up someday and i dont want you thinking i am the person you are making me out to be.
First, IT guy who was very nice asked me to race him. i said sure and that was it.  we talked about the bikes and i told him how i came out of the hole the first time and how i tried something diff the 2nd time. No big deal. I asked him about his bike as i could see some mods, thats all. I never said anything else. When i saw IT guy run the silver M109 i saw the silver bike won by about 4 bikes, about the same as i won by. When talking with ITguy he said i should race the silver bike as hes quicker. IT guy introduced me to the silver bike i dont remember his name but he then asked me to race him and i said ok figuring it would be a good race.
We ran he left ahead of me as is clearly shown in the pics by about a bike, i drove around him and won. No big deal. i went to him and told him good race, and it was fun.  Nothing else. Noone mentioned i should race you, i dont know who you are, they did say you or your shop is where they got the mods done. i saw you race with your son, and thought that was really great that you are taking the time to do stuff like that  with him. anyway there was no trash talking, i dont know who started that but it wasnt me. I was there for over two hours and was ready to go home as they closed at 5pm and i raced the silver bike at 4:45.  It was hot and it was time for me to leave. If you wanted to race me you should have came up to me cause it didnt matter to me at all. I just wanted to make a couple of runs to see how the bike would go. 
So in ending this letter, you are being very hostile for no reason. and please do not look at me that way.
I am not a racer, im a 50 yr old dad just like you and dont need this shit, so relax and ride what you like. its all good. I hope i didnt upset you guys, i just wanted to run a few races.
I will remove myself from this forum, i only got on today cause i was told i was being dragged through the mud for no reason.   I have never said anything bad about the M109 and still think its a good bike, and its faster than i would have thought. good for you guys.  have fun and ride safe..

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Skidmarks said:
I will remove myself from this forum, i only got on today cause i was told i was being dragged through the mud for no reason.  I have never said anything bad about the M109 and still think its a good bike, and its faster than i would have thought. good for you guys. have fun and ride safe..
No reason to remove yourself from the forum Bro. You sound like the kind of guy I would like riding with. :doorag: Thanks for stopping by and say hi to Yogi. :bigthumbsup:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
M109R Fan said:
Oh that is funny!!! I am sure he is on the rocket boards talking about how he beat ALL the 109s :bigthumbsup:
Yep http://www.r3owners.com/viewtopic.php?t=5099 ::)

I wasn't there so I really don't have much to say about who said what but I do know that JR kinda set the tone for the bashing and I really wish he hadn't. ::) I wish ALL bikers could just get along and not have all this Keyboard Commando stuff going on. I have good friends that ride just about every kind of bike there is including the Rocket3, heck I'm even thinking about getting one and doing a theme bike out of it. :doorag:

If this turns into a us against them post I'm just going to lock it down and delete any other post that show up like that. Let's set a possitive tone to this post. We all love Big HP bikes and that's what should bring us together. Peace :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
13 Posts
JR you just went up a notch on my hero short list
You can do no wrong
keep dreaming

PS : THANK  for taking time to read  the first post I start over there
Lamont you sound like a  just man with an open mind... LOCK IT
wayne

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think there was a big misunderstanding and JR and I both talked it over and I think we are ok. I look forward to seeing you guys in the future and kicking back a few beers and maybe running them off again some time, I know i don't have the fastest bike around, nobody does, theres always someone quicker. Agood friend of mine once said, "you can go as fast as you want to, all it takes is money" and for you guys that race you know thats true, and i can vouch for it with the 2 motors i blew up putting nitrous on my harley.. ha haaa... wont be doing that anytime soon... hey, its all good.
JR thanks for the letter, your a good man. :bigthumbsup:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
J R said:
Your right you where not there and dont know what was said or who said what. ::)
No but I do know that the thread was going fine till you made this comment. ::)

The Rocket made sure he didnt race MY Bike .I woud have gladly ran the bike.He was asking about my bike to everyone else and how it ran but When Perry told him I get him by at least 10 bike lengths in the 1/4 ( thanks Perry )all of a sudden he had to leave and wasent gonna race anymore Funny the guy talked to everyone about me and my bike and how it ran but me Also funny the guy never ever waited on the green freakin light to take off most of the time and had to try and cheat to get that half bike leghth he got on the 109.The bike runs close with SOME 109,s for sure and pulls it just and i mean just barley on the top end.Or should I say the ones he picked to run....I was right there but nobody seemed to talk to much to me about racing.I just ended up having alot of fun watching and teaching my boy trying to help him to be better down the road riding behind him and beside him and a few in front of him just for fun.Had a good time with my boy and the rest of the gang A good time was had by all it was alot of fun.The street brawls late into the night thrusday night where very fun and where I enjoyed myself most

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Skidmarks said:
I think there was a big misunderstanding and JR and I both talked it over and I think we are ok. I look forward to seeing you guys in the future and kicking back a few beers and maybe running them off again some time, I know i don't have the fastest bike around, nobody does, theres always someone quicker. Agood friend of mine once said, "you can go as fast as you want to, all it takes is money" and for you guys that race you know thats true, and i can vouch for it with the 2 motors i blew up putting nitrous on my harley.. ha haaa... wont be doing that anytime soon... hey, its all good.Â
JR thanks for the letter, your a good man. :bigthumbsup:
Glad you guys worked it out. :bigthumbsup: :doorag: :super:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wow...First poster here, just another "ugly R3 owner."

Let me start off by saying I think w/o a doubt, the 109 is a STUNNING piece of equipment, leading the V-twin world where the V-Rod just started. I've seen them in silver, black (and dark blue?) but on your site I saw some pics of the red one and nearly fainted, I think it is that gorgeous...I saw a new unbroken in black one, dude with his GF in Daytona and I told my GF man, I'd buy that bike...

In fact, had the R3 not existed, I would be a 109 owner-hands down w/o a doubt. I love my R3, and it can't be replaced, but to see it bashed-well-even I have to admit it ain't the "Belle of the ball." To compare the 109 to the Rock is like comparing an F-16 to an A-10 Warthog, right? Well, I do stare at Bulldozers wantonly every now and again :D

OK, well I came here for the controversy-and was sad that I missed the racing, since I would have been there so I'll just have to go and see you guys in March. Should be a great time!

Personally, I believe a stock Rock/109 race with similar riders: the Rock will beat the 109, but not by much (2-4 bike lengths?) though past the 1/4 mile is anyone's guess (again stock and skill levels similar) since I'm guessing the 109's aeros are a bit better. Don't know top end of the 109, but I've sen 150 mph indicated past the one visible and invisible hash marks (140 +/- real world I guess).

Regardless, it all sounds like good racing to me in March. You all seem like relatively good guys, and probably our biggest problem is we are all so much alike. We own top shelf aggressive motorcycles here, can't help but flex a little bit. Personally, I don't care about winning-since as mentioned-there is always someone faster. However, I hope we will maintain our professionalism.

I will be there, w/o any power adders (feel free to check. I will have my tank up, throttle bodies exposed, seat off, side panels removed for all to see), and with a stock street Metzler 240/16 rear, and Chevron 93 octane (can't imagine how you'd check that, but if you want to meet me at the station in Port Orange, you are more than welcome). Of course, I expect I will be afforded the same level of inspection for challenging bikes as well.
FWIW, my Rock is not stock-intake/exhaust/PC3.

Also, we need to develop a more effective way of leaving the line to eliminate any controversy, at least from what it seems here right...?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I'll race every one of you big bike bikers that come to Huntsville dragway. :evil:

Sure, I'll lose, but hey, it's all fun. Had the owner of the bat bike (a sub 5sec 1/8 mile bike) race me last week...sure I got smoked, but he gave some great tips for getting/leaving the lights.

Hope ITGuy and those Nashville guys can head there with me on a Sunday. Hope more Huntsville, Alabama riders (109 or anything cruiserish..lol) can show up. I'm enjoying the track but think I'd like it even more if more cruisers showed up. Hate being the only one there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts