M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we made it there today (Thursday) for the first day of the event and here are just a couple of pics. I will take more when we return tomorrow (Friday).

My brother took a lot more with his camera and is a better photographer than I am so those will come later when he sends them to me.

Feel free to add some of your own !!!

·
Registered
750 Posts
That's nice, being to be able to see the moon in Florida on what looks like a clear night. I think you need to clean your camera, little blurry :bigthumbsup:.

G

·
Apollo, you should have called. We've been hooligans all day. There are quite a few bikers who have a new healthy respect for rice burners! Got soaked twice though. The night turned out good. See you tomorrow. Nice seat cover btw.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
toneout said:
Apollo, you should have called. We've been hooligans all day. There are quite a few bikers who have a new healthy respect for rice burners! Got soaked twice though. The night turned out good. See you tomorrow. Nice seat cover btw.
Toneout,

To be honest this is the reason we did not hook up with any 109ers today.

bro on scoot

Today was "little bike day"
Its because my brother and I trailered out the two 50cc scooters we have because he is not MC endorsed and does not have a bike. We have a hell of a lot of fun on these little scooters and they are actually better suited to the traffic on main street as they are automatics, don't heat up, and weigh just about what we do. (200 lbs). They will also reach a blistering speed of 45 MPH and are nimble as a jack rabbit.

We get a lot of looks on these things and the only thing we can say is "size doesn't matter" which always gets a good laugh from the ladies. (Good thing we are secure enough in our manhood) lol

However tomorrow is "big bike day" and will be riding the 109 with my buddy who has a VTX 1800. ( as well as some other 9ers meeting up with along the way)... My buddy Mark you met at Sanford got friggin pneumonia and can't make it tomorrow !!! which really sucks.

We did however meet Mike and his buddy on their 109s outside the Subway restaurant in Daytona today. They are from Louisiana I believe.

See you guys tomorrow at Rossmeyers at noon !!!

and remember, everyone loves a firefighter !!!

G

·
That explains it. Glad you had a good time. Too bad about Mark. See you there. Yes it's true... Everyone loves a firefighter.

G

·
That is funny. The guy in the first photo on the Rune is Stuart Cobb. He is a good friend of mine and lives pretty close to me.

·
Registered
411 Posts
rasputin said:
Thanks for the photo's "109LVR"..keep them coming!
re Photo 2..those are the best rear indicators I've seen.
Ain´t that a fact I wouldn´t mind at all having them on mine

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
That is funny. The guy in the first photo on the Rune is Stuart Cobb. He is a good friend of mine and lives pretty close to me.
Hehe... looks like you get to go a couple hundred miles to hang out with the neighbors Hal.. thats actually pretty kewl IMO 8)

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
You can email me all those photos you can't post :bigthumbsup: like the rest of the series of that #2 shot above.
mtsu AT comcast DOT net :evil:

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK

We met up at Rossmeyers and the weather was nice, although about 90 plus degrees. Mark made it even nursing pneumonia-- what a trooper-- and we had a great time. Here are some of the pics. (If I get anything wrong like mess up someones name. please let me know and I'll fix it)

This is Itguys bike, he came all the way from Kentucky.

notice the air box, pipe, and turn signal light beam in the fender. Nice job ITguy !!!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hope you guys have lot's of Fun.

About me, after planning to be there for about six month and living only 55 miles away in Orlando, I had to come down with the freeking FLU... :edit: Between the dizziness, the 104 degree fever and the frustration that I'm sure I will not be able to keep my two wheels on the floor if I go the way I'm feeling I really do not know what else can go wrong.

Be safe Guys!

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That last post was a little out of sequence.

This is us on our way to Daytona on Friday.
That is Bob, Mark, and Josh. Josh was riding his purple VTX 1800 c but we will not hold that against him. We were at the Interstate 4 rest stop near Lake Mary at 1000 hours

This is Bob's Blurple beauty, he has done many mods such as killer chrome air intakes, crash bars, tank bra, and these really nice high output fog lights on the front forks-- wish I took a close up of those because they are awesome. Did I forget anything Bob?

Now this is our new friend Kelly, who was at the rest stop with her husband, she was fascinated by the 109's so of course I invited her to sit on mine. She was a real cool cutey. (and her husband Steve was cool with it)

I love it when a pretty lady sits on my bike...

and this is Kelly on her meanstreak and Steve had a Kawi 2000--- but she really wants a 109 now !!!

and here is Mike from Kissimmee-- I remember his screen name is sixtsix mlke-- he says Old town in Kissimmee on Thursday nights has a great bike night with about 700 bikes so we will have to meet him there one week and check that out.

G

·
Man, you guys are killin me. I want to be down there so bad but I am sitting here in cold PA with a herniated disc and broken rib, but still wish I was there. I wish you all the best of times. Keep posting the pictures for those of us who can't be there.

Thanks for posting. Sweet looking bikes. Have a great, great time.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bruno,

Thanks man. You know there is an even bigger event called BIkeweek in March in Daytona, maybe you can make it down for that one !!!

Here is a lovely bartender, she had such a pretty smile and great attitude. God I love a girl with a great attitude.

These pics are of Rossmeyers hd store at Destination Daytona which is a 250 acre complex for motorcycles with restarants, bars, dynometer runs- (Mike and Josh got in on that and ran their bikes). It is truly an awesome complex- my camera only holds so many pics but there were hundreds of things to see, do, eat, ride, sit on, and buy. The pics do not do this place justice, it is like the Disneyworld for motorcycles (not just hd as there were about 20 of us 109ers) and the store is vast and even has escalators like a department store. I am amazed at how hd pulls off the craze for their bikes.

I am amazed by a lot of things...

and thankful

very thankful !!!

This is just a small part of it

absolutely amazing $$$

·
Registered
92 Posts
good meeting up with you guy's, I have to say that even though josh was on a vtx 1800 he is still a stand up guy!!! heck he even spoted me a $20 for the dyno run( just to get his butt handed to him :D) not many folks are brave enough to do that! sorry I had to split my ol' man showed up and I rode around with them to Iron horse and the broken spoke....I might get up there tomarrow may try to slide over to the drag races!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Keep the pic's comming for us stranded at home....thanks! Your enthusiasm for the 'accessory' shots is commendable! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
More pics...

Charlie from Jacksonville

its rear end was a crowd pleaser

and his pipes were the loudest I have heard on a 109 ---Cobra dragsters debaffled---- I have to get some of these

This is junkyarddog, awesome bike

Junkyards air intake was an old school Edelbrock and was saweet.

this is some of the fat azz club--- thanks to Ashley for taking it for me...

from left.....

Dan
Emillio m109fan
Perry
Me
Charlie
JR
Junkyarddog
Mark
Bob
Hal

Brian from Apopka Fla.

Brian's lovely wife, she didn't want to pose next to Brian's bike so Mark was the stand in ...

candid photo

Who can tell us who this is ??? I already know, its just a quiz....

Marks bike on left, mine on right,

Marks has a windshield and some low profile lights and other goodies-- mine is stock

Mark's has Cortech bags that he fabricated an interior brace for --mine has a Cortech magnetic tank bag

The End

I hope you guys enjoyed the pics !!!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts