M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was a great day too. We got up and had some breakfast and then headed to the Arches Park. If you've never been there it is well worth the trip. Once again you got to be there because the pictures can't capture how awesome this place is. The loop is about 35 miles and you got to wonder why some of those rocks wound up the way they did.

Big Joe and I took off a little faster than Ron and Hal so we had time to do a little hiking when we got the the end of the line. We both thought we were going to die and decided we both wanted a "Do Not Resuscitate" if we killed over on the trail. Nothing like two fat biker boys hiking with a bunch of healthy folks!

After that we headed back in town to fuel up and head to Casper WY. We took the River Road out and the boys were feeling their oats. Hal took off like the devil was on his backside and Big Joe and Baja Ron were right on his tail. I had a bad headach and was messing up my turns so I let them run ahead and caught up with them at the last turn. They looked like they were having a blast and they said they were. I think Hal wanted to go back and do it again.

From there we hit the highway and there is nothing but miles and miles of nothing but miles and miles. Not much to do other than go really fast and try and make it to the next fuel stop in good time. The traffic was running about 90 to 100 mph and we ran the same and a little faster at times. It was getting pretty hot and towards the end we were pulling over before our fuel stops so we could get something to drink. That cooler really worked out good for that.

Where we were was so remote that my XM didn't even work most of the time so it was nice to plug into the MP3 player on the iWay and have some tunes.

I didn't get a lot of pictures on this run but I got a few of Moab and that was the best place for pictures anyway.
We wound up doing about 560+ miles today and this time my butt was feeling it. About the only thing that could take your mind off of the pain was going fast so that's what we did. Big Joe and I got so far ahead on this one run that we thought something might of happened to Hal and Ron but they were fine, we were just having too much fun.

This is a picture from our motel room in Moab. It's a nice little town.

Big Joes ski's, I mean shoes.

Lot's of Moab and Arches pics.

Lots of these guys crossing the roads.

Today we have an easy 250 miles or so before we get to Rapid City so we are going to hit the Bad Lands on the way out.

G

·
Awesome! I am leaving for New Mexico today. Hopefully I'll get to see landscape like that too. I don't know, I've only driven through at night.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Did you hike up to any of the arches?

If you had time you could also go to dead horse point and canyonlands and capital reef. I have made a trip through there every year that I have owned a bike and my wife and I go there often in our cage.

·
Registered
702 Posts
lamonster,

thanks for sharing the pics and the adventure narrative. some of our injured brothers can live through your reports, the rest of us too, really.

great pics. continue to have a fun and safe time.

ride on 8)

G

·
I would love to be riding through that right now!! Next year I'm going to Stugir for sure!! Ride safe out there my 109 brothas!! 2 wheels down....1 thumb up!!-HELL

·
Registered
585 Posts
Ive spent the last 13 yrs driving a Semi cross country , God really did .........Bless The USA :bigthumbsup:

This country is absolutely beautiful , we have soooooo much diversity. All you guys need to try to see it .
Makes you realize how lucky we are , it truly is BREATHTAKING !

Thanks for the great pics Lamont , enjoy and be safe ! :doorag:

G

·
Wow,,,,,Thanks for the beeeeuuuuutiful pics and updates.....I'm now there mentally,,just not physically..and wished I was..... :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

G

·
The wife is looking over my shoulder going, "when can we go out there". I'm ready. Thanks guys for the great pix. Thank you for sharing the journey.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Sounds like a blast... blazing down the road with your buddies... I know the 109 is happy... :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts