M109 Rider Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was the perfect motorcycling day! It was one of those days that everything was just right. The weather couldn't have been better, the bikes ran great and the sights were spectacular. All that hot weather that I was worried about has never showed. Today was t-shirt riding weather, not hot and not cold. I don't think there was one thing that could have made it better.

My bike was a mess from riding in the rain the day before so I spent some time and gave the bike a good cleaning seeing there was no rain in the forecast. I hate riding around with a dirty bike.

This picture is real, it has not been Photo Shopped, this really is Hal cleaning his bike. I've never seen him clean below the top of the gas tank but here's the proof that he can do it.

We got a little bit of late start today as Hal had cell phone issues that we had to deal with. My GPS took me all over town and never found the place we were looking for to turn in his old phone. I would say my GPS is batting about 95% this trip and the guys are quick to let me know when it messes up. They seem to forget the times it gets us right to where we are going. That's okay, we got to see a little bit of the town that we would have never seen before.

After the cell phone fiasco we headed to Mount Rushmore. It's always cool to take someone to a place like this that has never been there before. This was Big Joe's first time and he was in awe just like I was the first time, how could you not be.

Before we took off we loaded up the cooler with ice and stuff to drink. Big Joe bought some new glasses to replace the ones he lost and now he was looking for some new earbuds because his fell out while we were getting on the freeway and they melted on his pipes. I thought I was hard on stuff but I think Big Joe is right there with me.

This was the first look of Rushmore. This was taken while driving down the road so it's not a great pic.

This is the first good pullout where we stopped to get some pics. Here are a couple of my "clean" bke and Rushmore.

Big Joe adjusting the doorag he just about lost.

Just chillin at Rushmore.

Some really BIG heads.

Profile of George.

There is so much to do and see in the Black Hills but one of my favorites is Crazy Horse. This is a privately funded project and it s the largest sculpture in the world. You could put Mount Rushmore in just the head of Crazy Horse.

When we pulled up to Crazy Horse we parked right next to another M109R. This was the only other one we have seen on this trip. We never did see the guy but we left him a card so maybe he will find our M109 site.

If you want some good reading do a search on Crazy Horse and you can see what this project is all about.

This is a custom Chopper that they were raffling off. The this bike was a real work of art.

When we were getting ready to leave we found out that they were getting ready to do a blast so we waited for that. We hoped that they would have sounded a horn or something but if they did we didn't hear it.

Mirror shot of Crazy Horse as we were leaving.

I took some behind the head shots as we were leaving Crazy Horse and heading to Custer.

We got a bite to eat in Custer and then headed for the park. We did the Needles highway first and then the Wildlife Loop.
Needles was a great road and takes about an hour to get to the top where the lake is. It's a slow road but worth the trip.

One of the lakes on in Custer Park.

The top on Needles.

The lake at the top of Needles.

After doing the Needles Highway we headed to the Wildlife Loop. I was getting kind of bummed out because we didn't see any donkeys on the road and the herds of buffalo were too far away to get a good picture of them but that was all about to change at the end of the loop. There were lots of buffalo blocking the road and they didn't look too happy about us being here. I got a great video of me wishing I was somewhere else at the time. This was the biggest buffalo of the herd and he didn't like me one bit, or maybe he liked me a lot, not sure but I had no where to go and just hoped I wasn't going to be on one of those "Caught on Tape" TV shows where I was flipped 20' in the air and trampled by the big guy.

The BIG guy.

Today we are off to Sturgis, the Badlands and Walls Drugs. Hope you enjoyed the ride.

·
Registered
898 Posts
M109R Fan said:
Awesome... I am wishing I was there while i am here sitting at work...
+1 .. damn that looks like an awesome place to be right now with the weather being perfect :bigthumbsup: thanks mucho for all the great pics and updates :doorag:

be safe

khrome

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Lamont,

You should have sicked BIG JOE on the big feller. He may have moved for him, I know I would have! :joke: :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
JR,

Let me know, I might go with you. I have never tried to go 500+ miles before in one day. I may be a candyarse, we may have to start earlier & take more days! :p :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
103 Posts
I want you to know I am with you all the way keep the reports comming in. You guys should plan a run to the great white north. ;) ;) :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Your pictures make the trip look so relaxing. Just watching the pictures took some of my workday stress away. I wish I was actually there. Enjoy it and continue to keep us informed.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Wow that is such beautiful scenery... amazing what God created for us to enjoy...

I say we start planning a trip for next year already...

Anyone up for one? :)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Lamonster, you are a hell of a photographer... :bow: :a18:lol... behind the back, no look, snaps shot ... your talents are abundant. You are abundantly bless to be able to enjoy so much of this beautiful country and on a M109.

I pray that the rest of your trip is as rewarding.

Thanks taking us alone with your great pics and posts.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I thank you very much for the beautiful photos and video. It really is a nice place and I too hope to visit there. JOHN

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thanks for the pics, Looks like a hell of a ride ! :super: :doorag:

:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.