M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jekyll & Hyde Darby coves
Jekyll & Hyde M1800R derby covers are, designed, and built in the UK for bikers by bikers. Jekyll & Hyde derby covers are a direct replacement to your original Suzuki derby cover.
They do several different covers and i choose to have the Punisher done in primer only... i wanted to spray it in the bike colour.

made a mistake while spraying, I had it held up by a bit of wire, the trouble was I went to move it while it was still wet and touched the paint. Big mistake, so I ended up removing the paint and having to re-prim the part so I could spray it again… then I came up with the idea of using long bolts (6mm thread) to hold it off the surface while I was spraying…

I’m no sprayer… but I will have ago , I am toying with the idea of putting red LED’s as eyes… so drilling out a small hole and setting red LED’s into the eye area’s and wiring it up… I already have the LED’s and just need the time to sort it out. Work tends to get in the way at the moment, but I love working on the bike, so will get it done in time.
So how long did it take to fit… mater of minutes, and I like the personal bit of colouring it to match the bike.
We have a bike meet in Bangor next weekend, that’s when everyone get to see it on the bike… then I will post pictures of it fitted to the bike and later when I get the LED’s fitted and lit up, I will update the post to show it off.
Is it worth the money? Very much YES, do I like it… I love it… I like adding bits to make the bike personal to me, but I also keep all the original bits in case I need to put them back on.
The guys who make the parts, are part of the English M1800 IOUCK forum and can be found on Facebook... Log In or Sign Up to View

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,887 Posts
Pretty cool, and since the derby cover is basically a dust cover, I don't think plastic will be a problem.
It's nice to have options.

Reactions: wiggy

·
Registered
7,041 Posts
Looks good. If you could find a way to get them in chrome, that would match the bike then you could have the best of both worlds. Some may want them painted or chrome.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks good. If you could find a way to get them in chrome, that would match the bike then you could have the best of both worlds. Some may want them painted or chrome.
They do it in black of grey primer.... i wanted to spray mine to colour match the bike.
I do have a spare coming, as i want to practice putting the LED's in as eyes, when i get the time to fit the LED's i will post a pic lol

I made my own cover cut outs... will need to contact Ducks Covers and get a proper set made some day.

·
Registered
7,041 Posts
They do it in black of grey primer.... i wanted to spray mine to colour match the bike.
I do have a spare coming, as i want to practice putting the LED's in as eyes, when i get the time to fit the LED's i will post a pic lol
View attachment 419829
I made my own cover cut outs... will need to contact Ducks Covers and get a proper set made some day.
I like it. Looks good

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts